Peas pulao recipe
All the time I am adding a lot of vegetables together in rice but today I thought to focus on one so I added only peas in the rice and then to satisfy my heart I cut the carrots a lot and cucumber, garnished my peas pulao recipe rice and eat as I am habitual of consuming a lot of vegetables together. Above this the color, we get by adding different vegetables to the dish is amazing and our eyes eat first so the plate should look nice, don’t you think so?
You can also check few more kinds of rice dishes;
If you want to try some sour and strong taste then try;
Are looking for some Pilaf Rice recipes?
Do you want to try the combination of sweet and spicy rice then try;
Have a look at Biryani Recipes by clicking the links below;
For a sweet taste of rice check;
Now let us get back to our Peas Pulao Recipe;
Ingredients Peas Pulao Recipe:
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth, or 4 cups water with 1 chicken cube)
- 6-8 heads of cloves
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 medium sized tomato
- ¼-teaspoon black seeds
- Pinch of fenugreek seeds
- ½ teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 1 cup peas (if you are using frozen then thawed)
- 1-tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 5-inch piece of fresh ginger julienned
- 3-4 dried bay leaves
- 3-tablespoon oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-tablespoon sugar
Directions Peas Pulao Recipe:
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes together
- In a pan over medium-high heat add oil and heat it up once warm add cumin seeds, bay leaves and stir until aromatic then chopped onions, tomatoes, and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Wash peas, add peas and sugar and cover the pot with the lid so oil will not splatter.
- Now give a quick mix on and off with the wooden spoon for about 3-5 minutes until the peas will change little color.
- Remove the pan from the fire and set aside.
- Take another pot and place on fire. Add chicken broth, season it with salt and black pepper, black seeds, fenugreek, dried mint leaves, and let it boil.
- Drop julienned ginger, ginger garlic paste, and the broth boil for a couple of minutes.
- Once the broth is boiling properly then add washed and rinsed rice in it and let them boil uncovered.
- When most of the water will be absorbed by the rice, add your cooked peas from the other pot.
- Using a wooden thin spoon mix the rice well. Cover the pot and let the rice cook and simmer on low flame for 12- 15 minutes.
- After 12 minutes take off the lid and tap the rice with a spoon if you feel a hollow sound then your rice is done.
- Dish them out in a plate garnish with salad and enjoy hot with any salad of your choice or eat without anything. It will taste great.