Do you love Biryani? If yes, I have a Colorful Best Chicken Biryani Recipe for you. You can always adjust the hotness or sharpness of the spices, as per your taste. There are many methods to cook Chicken Biryani but I can bet this is really Best Chicken Biryani Recipe.
You can click here you enjoy another simple biryani recipe using biryani masala.
- 800g Chicken
- 300 g Rice
- 25 g butter/oil anything for your taste ( if you are using butter, it should be at room temperature)
- 2 large onions
- 2-3 bay leaf
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick ( you can use a pinch of powdered cinnamon too)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional, you can use food color too)
- ½ teaspoons of each cumin powder/coriander powder/nutmeg powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5-6 button chilies (optional)
- Handful of raisins (you can use any type)
- 600 ml chicken stock (if it’s not available, you can simply add 600ml water and a 1 chicken stock cube)
- Coriander, chopped to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder (optional)
- 2 Lemons
- 250g yogurt
- 2-3 different Food colors of your choice (optional)
- 3-4 cloves
- 3-4 black cardamom
- Start with washing your hands first with any available soap.
- For Best Chicken Biryani Recipe take chicken, wash and rinse it properly and then cut into the desired number of pieces, 8-12 pieces will be ideal.
- Take a large bowl and soak rice in warm water at least 30 minutes before boiling. Then before adding with chicken drain water and wash until the water will be clean and clear.
- Wash and then soak raisins in water.
- Take one lemon cut into two halves. Slice one part and extract the juice of the second part.
- Grate the skin of another lemon with a grater but do not go too deep as the inside layer is bit bitter. Be careful with the grater; do not grate your finger!
- Take a bowl and using your sharp nice slice both onions.
- Take a large pot and heat up oil or butter and add bay leaf, cumin seeds, and button chilies, black cardamom, cloves and heat them up, they will cracker once finished add finely sliced onions.
- Cook onions until they will be light golden brown.
- Once the onions turn golden, take half quantity out in a plate and set aside to use for garnishing.
- Now add turmeric powder on left quantity of onions and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken and all dry spices and cook the chicken until aromatic.
- Add yogurt, and cook until the oil will seep out.
- Now add chicken stock or chicken cube water and lemon juice with chicken and let it boil on high heat.
- Now take your rice, drain and then drain water of raisins too and then mix raisins with rice.
- Pour rice and raisins over the stock.
- Now with a wooden spoon, you can use any spoon if you do not have wooden, mix the rice and chicken in water.
- Now by keeping the lid open bring chicken and rice to the hard boil.
- When mixture will start boiling and the rice will rise up, you can easily see that there will be only ½ or less water left on top of rice.
- Now add food colors as much you like and lower the heat to the lowest level and cover the pot with the lid.
Cook for about 10 minutes on minimum heat.
- Now open the lid mix the rice and chicken well with light hands, better use knife for mixing.
- Sprinkle lemon zest, golden onions and finely chopped coriander and lemon slices and serve your best chicken biryani when it is steaming hot.
You will love it.