The tandoori chicken pizza recipe
Today I will show you a non-traditional tandoori chicken pizza recipe. I prepared tandoori chicken and I sauté bell pepper and onion little bit with the chicken and also added without cooking. Next time I will experiment with some mushrooms, zucchini, spinach and roughly chopped raisins with the addition of mango spicy sauce (mango chutney), roasted almonds. Will also let you know about the outcomes.
My friend and her kids visited me and we plan to stay together until night. I asked them what should I cook for dinner all asked for pizza and after some thoughts, we settled on a tandoori chicken pizza recipe. My friend and her kids like little more cooked and crispy dough so had to cook it for little more time otherwise, I do not let the dough to be crunchy. Let us check out this tasty, crispy tandoori chicken pizza recipe. I used thin crust in this tandoori chicken pizza recipe as asked by my friend.
You can also check my Chicken Fajita Pizza recipe.
Ingredients tandoori chicken pizza recipe
- Pizza dough to prepare pizza base
- 3 chicken breasts fillets (cut in form of cubes, I cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste or tandoori spice mix (you can use market bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic ginger paste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ inch ginger minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 tablespoon pizza sauce (homemade or market bought, you can use ketchup too)
- 2-3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped into cubes
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper chopped into cubes
- 3 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 medium-sized tomato, deseeded and chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoon sliced olives (black or green or both)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
Directions Tandoori Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees for about 10 minutes before baking pizza.
- Grease a pizza pan with cooking spray or oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl add sliced chicken pieces with tandoori paste or spice, salt, black pepper, red chili flakes, hot sauce, yogurt, fresh cream, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, lemon rind. Using a spoon or spatula or your hands mix everything well and leave on kitchen cabinets for about 15 minutes to marinade, meanwhile you can continue to make rest.
- Take a pan on medium high flame and heat up oil and sauté minced garlic and ginger until the garlic will change its color.
Add the chicken marinade and cook for about 10-12 minutes until the chicken will be done and add 1 tablespoon each of chopped bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes. When oil will start to shine, remove from heat and let it cool down.
Assembling of Yummy Pizza:
- Roll your pizza dough using a rolling pin to make a bread having desired thinness; I roll it thin as my friend requested to. Once done pick and put on the pan and with the tips of your fingers start pressing the dough from middle outward.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on the surface and top it with some mozzarella cheese.
- Now add tandoori chicken along with fresh onion, bell pepper, and deseeded chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top, you can add as much cheese you like there is no hard and fast rule but your personal liking.
- Cut cheddar cheese slices in form of strips and add on top and top with few olives and oregano.
- Wet your hands with water and then press the top of pizza properly with your hands, this trick gives extra taste to pizza and worked perfect me all the time.
- Tandoori chicken pizza is ready to go in the oven, bake for about 12- 15minutes. Once done, take out of the oven and let it cook for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- Enjoy Tandoori Chicken pizza with ketchup or any hot dip that you like.
I forgot to take picture and remembered when we added all the sauce on top and sliced it 🙂 Black on right side is bbq sauce that my frined and i used 🙂