Nutella Breakfast Recipes
Nutella Bread Recipe
Adults and Kids are fond of Nutella. I thought to share Nutella Breakfast Recipes. Today in this post, we will see how To Make Nutella Bread? You can also call this Nutella Breakfast Recipes as Nutella Flower Bread Recipe as it is not traditional flat, rectangular, triangular or circular bread but beautiful pull-apart Nutella bread that has been shaped like a pretty flower. The Nutella Breakfast Recipes bread is so soft and has layers of bread with Nutella layer inside. Oey-gooey chocolate oozes out of layers and spreads in your mouth Nutella flavor with each bite.
My Nutella bread had crunchy texture as my kids love it and I roll the bread thinly and if you love to have soft bread texture then roll the bread little thicker. Then the baking time will change in case of thicker bread.
Without further ado, I am sharing the recipe of this flower-shaped Nutella bread.
Ingredients Nutella Breakfast Recipes:
- All-purpose flour 3-4 cups (start with 3 cups and add more if needed)
- Lukewarm water ¼ cup or 60 ml
- Egg 1 and egg yolk 1 (you can simply use 2 egg yolks as well)
- Lukewarm milk ¾ cup or 180 ml
- Sugar to taste (I added castor sugar ¼ cups)
- Salt to taste
- Butter, on room temperature 3 tablespoon
- Yeast 2 teaspoon (you have to use instant yeast)
- Nutella 1-2 cups (depends on how much you want to spread between layers of bread)
- Oil to grease your hands 3-4 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds or black seeds or cumin or sumac to sprinkle on bread (optional), You can sprinkle granulated sugar also. ( I sprinkled all on different strands)
- a glass or bowl, sharp knife or pizza cutter, parchment or baking paper.
Directions Nutella Bread Recipe
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease it with oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
Making of Dough
- Take a large bowl and add milk whisk the egg then add water, whisk vigorously to dissolve the sugar in the liquid. Then add the melted butter stir to mix liquids and finally add yeast. Set the liquid aside and let the yeast froth. After 10-15 minutes you will see the form on top of the liquid. It indicates your liquid is ready to use.
- In another bowl sift the all-purpose flour sprinkle salt, mix with your hands so the salt and flour will be well incorporated.
- Pour half of your liquid on flour and knead it for some time. You can knead in processor or use a spoon. I will suggest you use a wooden spoon. If you are thinking to knead with hands please do not forget to wash your hands, as all the germs will transfer to the dough. Use the liquid as much you need. The dough should be smooth and normal not too much soft or sticky.
- Grease your hands with oil, make a ball with the dough and then grease the dough with oil, place in an airtight container, cover with a wet cloth, then close the lid and let it rise for a couple of hours.
- When the dough will be double in size, take it out of the bowl, dust your workplace with some all purpose flour and knead for a couple of minutes, divide the dough into two, three or four equal parts, depending upon how much layers you want in bread. I simply divided the dough into four parts but I made two Nutella bread with two layers each. It can be your personal preference.
Preparation of Nutella Bread
- Roll the divided parts of dough between the palms of your hands to make a ball. Dust your workplace with flour then roll the balls using a rolling pin to make a circular shape.
- Transfer the circular bread onto the baking tray.
- Take Nutella and spread it evenly and properly on the circular bread.
- Roll the second dough ball to make a circular shape. Try to roll the bread almost same in size like the one before.
- Place this bread on the Nutella bread, cut the extra edges if needed with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
- Repeat the process and make second bread with two layers of circular bread and Nutella inside. Put on Baking tray.
Finalizing Nutella Breakfast Recipes
- Take a small bowl or glass, put in upside down in the middle of the topmost circular Nutella bread and using a sharp knife starting from the edge of the bowl or glass cut the dough bread till the edge of the bread.
- Gently lift your bowl or glass.
- You can make 8 or more cuts, depends how thin or thick you want the Nutella twists. Gently hold one dough section that you have cut and start twisting the strand of dough; twice or thrice, depends on how big is your circle or how many twists you need. Make swirled strands and place down and straighten the edge by pressing it with gentle hands against the baking tray, so the twists will not be removed.
- Continue with all the cut parts or the dough to have a flower shape.
- In a small bowl prepare the egg wash by whisking egg or egg with a couple of tablespoon of milk. Then apply the egg wash on the parts of Nutella bread that do not have Nutella using a pastry brush or silicone brush. This egg wash will give a nice shine to the bread once baked.
- Sprinkle sesame, black, cumin, sumac or any other seeds of your choice.
- Place in the middle rake of the oven and bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degree centigrade for about 10-15 minutes, depends on external temperature and the oven. Just bake it until it is nicely golden brown and do not oven cook otherwise it will be hard.
Note Nutella Breakfast Recipes:
- The preferable bread size is 8 inch in diameter but depends on the tray size you have. You can make it small or big. If you are making for kids, you can make even disc size too. I am sure they will be happy to have their Nutella flower.
- You can also create beautiful patterns by holding two dough cut sections, twist them in opposite directions and then pinch them together from the end firmly to make beautifully twisted petals of the flower, do with all the sections to make Nutella brioche and then bake.
- To spread Nutella easily on bread place the lid loose jar in the microwave for 15 seconds or place in a hot water for 5-10 minutes time, then you can easily spread the Nutella on bread.
- Nutella flower bread is great for breakfast and with a hot cup of coffee.
- Crushed nuts can also be spread on the Nutella or sprinkle on top.