How to make sweetened condensed milk with powdered milk
Homemade sweetened condensed milk
In this post, I will show you how to make sweetened condensed milk with powdered milk. There are different methods to make homemade sweetened condensed milk but I feel that this method that I will show you now is easiest of all. All the ingredients are already available in our kitchen. I have seen methods that use evaporated milk etc. that is not all the time available in our kitchen. You can also skip the fresh milk and use water with milk powder. In that case, you have to increase the quantity of dry milk. This recipe is very simple as it takes only three ingredients.
Let us see How to make sweetened condensed milk with powdered milk?
Ingredients homemade condensed milk:
- 1 cup fresh milk,
- One full cup sugar,
- 1 and a half cup of any available milk powder
Directions homemade condensed milk:
- Place a deep frying pan or saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour fresh milk and heat up milk in a pan.
- Once the milk is warm enough then add sugar.
- Stir and cook until the sugar will dissolve.
- Add dry milk powder and stir continuously so no lump form.
- Cook by stirring until you will get the required consistency or thickness of the condensed milk.
- Keep in mind that the condensed milk will thicken on cooling.
- Can be poured on ice creams, cakes, desserts, shakes to enjoy the great taste.
- Have a look at this yummy ice cream recipe, you can pour condensed milk on it and the taste will double if you like chocolate ice cream or maybe strawberry ice cream. This condensed milk can go with both.
- You can add condensed milk on pancakes; try chocolate pancake or apple pancake.
- Maybe try it on a lemon cake or pineapple cake or coconut cake.
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.