Chicken Biryani recipe using Biryani Masala (spice)
After reading the name Chicken Biryani recipe using Biryani Masala, some will be like biryani or Biryani. You take biryani as biryani Indian cuisine or Pakistani Cuisine. The fact is it is the most popular dish in South East Asia.
Ingredients for Chicken Biryani recipe using Biryani Masala:
- ½ kg Rice Boiled and drained thoroughly( rise should be 80% cooked, not fully as you have to cook in layers with chicken at the end)
- 500-700g Fresh chicken with bones washed and cut into medium size pieces ( as desired)
- 1/2 packet Biryani Masala (Spice) (any available brand)
- 2 medium size Onion Thinly sliced
- 2 medium size Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon Food color (preferably orange) Optional
- 2 inches Ginger julienne cut (cut into long strips)
- Oil for cooking
- Take a large pot, add oil and let it heat up on medium-high flame for about a minute. Fry onions on low flame, stop when the color will be lightly golden.
- Take half golden brown onions on a plate and leave half in the same pot to continue with Chicken biryani recipe.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add chicken pieces and top with biryani spice and mix.
- Continuously stir-fry for 10 to 15 minutes on high flame until the water of chicken will be finished and oil will separate from the gravy. Do not cover the rice while frying.
- Now slice tomatoes and add with chicken and cook well until the tomatoes will fully disappear and oil will separate.
- Remove the pot from the fire.
Layering the rice and chicken
- Now you have to layer chicken and rice one by one.
- Take a bigger pot, add half of the boiled rice in the pot and level it with a spoon.
- Now add chicken on top of rice layer and try to cover the maximum area by spreading the chicken pieces over rice.
- Top it with the rice that you have.
- Add the golden onion that you have removed already.
- If you want to add some food color you can add, normally I do not add.
- Cover the pot with the lid and for a couple of minutes make the flame medium high. Place your hand on top of the pot, if you feel that heat reached the lid, make the flame to lowest heat level and let cook for 10-15 minutes until the rice will be fully cooked.
- Open the lid, mix the rice and chicken well and your tasty Chicken Biryani using biryani masala (spice) is ready.
Note: This recipe is shared by Mr. Tahir and he is using this recipe for years and he is famous for his biryani among family and friends.