Kabuli pulao recipe
Afghani Pulao is a national rice dish of Afghanistan. We also call it Kabuli Pulao. Kabuli pulao recipe is a healthy recipe and has the taste of spices and sweetness.
Ingredients kabuli pulao recipe
- 2 cups Rice
- ½ kg Beef or lamb or mutton or chicken (I have used mutton)
- 2 medium sized Carrots (cut into small strips)
- 1 medium sized Onion (diced)
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 2 tablespoon Almonds you can add Pistachios too (I did not add)
- 2-tablespoon walnuts
- 1-cup seedless raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1-tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 4 Whole black pepper (I have added 3 white pepper too but it is optional)
- 1 black cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon crushed green cardamom
- 3 green cardamom
- ½-teaspoon White roasted cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-tablespoon Sugar
- ½-cup vegetable oil
Directions kabuli pulao recipe:
- In a large pot, add oil on medium-high flame and brown the diced onion.
- Add the meat and brown it lightly to change the color.
- Pour required amount of water, salt, black pepper and ground cumin and turmeric powder to tenderize the meat.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about an hour. You can also use a pressure cooker for speedy tenderization.
- Remove meat from the broth in a dish and set the broth aside.
- Measure the amount of broth with a measuring cup. You need 4 cups of meat broth.
- Pour the broth into the same pot and bring the meat broth to boil.
- Once the broth will start boiling add 2 cups of rice, the boiling broth must rise 2 inches over the rice.
- Cook on high flame uncovered until the water is absorbed and the rice.
- Close the lid, turn the flame to the lowest level, and simmer the rice for 10-15 minutes to make the rice tender.
- Take another pan add a couple of tablespoon of butter or ghee and add sliced carrot strips. Sauté carrots and 1 tsp sugar fry the carrots until they are lightly browned.
- Remove carrots from oil on a plate.
- In the same oil add raisins and cook until they swell up, add any chopped nuts of your choice.
- Mix the meat, carrots, and raisins, put them in rice and mix with a spoon lightly, and let them cook for 5-10 minutes.
Once rice is done mix well. You can also put the carrots, raisins, and nuts on top.