Easy Chicken Korma Recipe
If you are thinking what to cook for dinner tonight then I will recommend you to try Easy Chicken Korma Recipe. I am sure you will love this Indian or Pakistani mild chicken dish. Chicken Korma Recipe is easy to make but it is flavorful. This spicy and creamy Chicken Qorma recipe is best starter or a takeaway classic for your evenings with friends or family.
This great recipe is shared by a friend of mine Farzana Afzal. She is fond of making a lot of traditional food. The color and presentation and taste attracts a lot of attention. Just thought to share her recipes so anyone can try easy recipes and enjoy same great taste. I am so thankful for her for letting me share her recipe. I am sure, after trying this recipe you will rate it as best chicken korma recipe. You can call this recipe as Pakistani korma also.
Ingredients Easy Chicken Korma Recipe
- Chicken 1 kg cut into 8-12 pieces
- Onion medium sized 6-8 chopped
- Oil 1 cup (check notes)
- Whole spice powder 1 and ½ teaspoon
- Green cardamom 5-6
- Bay leaves 2-3
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder / paprika as per taste
- Ground coriander 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg ½ teaspoon
- Star ani 2-3
- Yogurt 250g (1-cup)
- Water as required (1-2 cups)
- Almonds 150g (soak in water, blend)
- Whole almonds 5-10 ( boil and remove the skin)
- Large Brown cardamom 3
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 drops kwera or rose water
Directions Easy Chicken Korma Recipe
- Heat up oil in a pot and add chopped onion. Stir and cook until caramelized. Take out in a dish and let it cool down, once cold, blend to make powder or paste depends on texture how dry they are. Alternatively, you can simple make crumbs with hands by rubbing the caramelized onion.
- In same oil add whole spice powder, green cardamoms, bay leaves and cook for 5-8 seconds, add chicken and roast for 4-5 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the garlic is cooked.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, ground coriander, turmeric powder, nutmeg powder, star ani, and stir to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yogurt and cook until the texture will be nice and creamy and the oil will float to surface.
- If you want more gravy, then add 2-3 cups of water and let the mixture, boil on high flame with lid open.
- Add crushed onions, almond paste, whole almonds, large cardamom, salt and kwera water. Let it boil and cook for some time on high heat and then lower the heat and let it simmer.
- Once the desired quantity is left and chicken is tender turn off the flame, dish out the Easy Chicken Korma Recipe.
- Add some peeled almonds to add an appealing texture to dish.
- Enjoy with Naan or bread or garlic or steamed rice. Do nott forget to prepare some delicious salad to accompany your mouthwatering, not-so-spicy and creamy Easy Chicken Korma Recipe.
- I like to add more oil in such traditional dishes, if you donot like then go with less oil.
- You can check this recipe with tomato paste in it Chicken Korma with tomatoes.
- Change yogart with heavy cream.
- Almonds paste can be changed with cashew paste.
- Cinnamon stick can also be added for extra flavor.
- You can also add all the spices to yogart and marinade the chicken piecces in that to bring extraordinary aroma and taste.
- Red chili powder can be changed with black pepper powder.