Are you a working woman? Still, you are conscious of what you eat or what you give to your family for eating? I think your answer will be yes. Though most of the females are working ladies now but still when it come to homemade, we try to cook and bake almost everything at home. With the advancement of technology and access to social media and YouTube, we try to cook almost anything easily after watching a few videos of expert chefs no matter its food or sauce or drinks. Isn’t it? What we cook at home the version will be obviously full of more nutrition and above all homemade is for sure healthier and cleaner.
- This Homemade Pizza Sauce Fresh Tomatoes recipe or tomato sauce recipe with fresh tomatoes can be used for potato pizza, puff pastry pizza twists, tandoori Pizza, lasagna recipe, pizza flower and many more recipes.
I will suggest you to use fresh tomatoes to prepare homemade pizza sauce fresh tomatoes.
The people who have checked my pizza posts on different facebook groups or on my site as asked me to share the recipe of Pizza Sauce. Without further ado here is yummy homemade pizza sauce recipe.
Ingredients Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe:
- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon garlic ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon onion paste (add ½ onion in a blender and blend with a couple of tablespoons of water if your blender does not puree onion alone.)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup,
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red chilies
- 2 tbsp oil (check notes)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano (u can also add thyme additionally).
- 1/2 cup water ( check notes)
Directions Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe:
- Wash fresh tomatoes and make a cross on the base of the tomato.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat and add 3-4 cups of water and let it boil. Once the water starts boiling add the tomatoes and let them boil for 5-8 minutes or until the skin will be soft.
- Turn off the flame take out the tomatoes from hot water and place in a plate or bowl for few minutes until you can easily touch tomatoes without burning your hands.
- Once the tomatoes are cold enough to peel the skin.
- Add the tomatoes after peeling in a blender and make the puree. (Please check notes)
- Chop cloves of garlic finely.
- Place a pan on medium heat, add oil once the oil is warm add onion paste and stir and cook until the onion will be translucent then add chopped garlic. When the garlic will change color add garlic ginger paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the spices like salt, sugar, white and black pepper, chili flakes, oregano and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato puree and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the water of tomatoes will evaporate. Time to add vinegar, and follow by tomato ketchup. Cook the mixture for about 3-5 minutes or until you get the desired thickness of homemade pizza sauce.
Your Pizza Sauce is ready in just 10-15 minutes. Use it on pizza base to bake pizza or make pizza bread even you can add it in macaroni.
I am sure homemade pizza sauce will bring richer flavor in your baking especially your pizza will taste much better than before.
Note Homemade Pizza Sauce:
- If I am in hurry, I skip step one and directly puree the tomatoes in a blender with some water, onions, garlic and continue for rest cooking as per mentioned method. I hardly feel any difference as the paste will be with the base, you cannot even find the skin anywhere.
- You can skip adding onions if you do not like the taste. But for me, it adds more flavor to homemade pizza sauce.
- If you have extra quantity, you can put in an airtight jar and refrigerate it for 3-5 days.
- I was using pizza sauce of different brands to bake my pizza, believe me from the time I started making homemade pizza sauce my whole family is loving it and we believe that the taste of homemade pizza sauce is fantastic, rich and better and above all the freshness is unbeatable. I can assure you its much better, cheaper and easier than market bought Pizza sauce.
- To make easy homemade pizza sauce more fragrant you can add finely chopped basil leaves, rosemary leaves (dried or fresh).
- I will suggest you use olive oil for best results.
- If you want to simmer for more time to get finer and smooth consistency then add 1/2 cup of water blend everything and cook until oil shines.
- Check another recipe for quick fresh tomato sauce.
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.