Chickpeas rice recipe
You may have tried many chickpeas rice recipes but I can bet you may not have added the ingredients that I am adding in chickpeas rice recipe today. I have changed the basic recipe by adding some new ingredients to it and also grilled one tomato with mozzarella cheese and added in the chickpeas rice recipe. The taste was amazing and you can see the outcome in the picture attached, isn’t it tempting?
Check the picture of tomato with mozzarella cheese that I have used for chickpeas rice recipe to have an idea. Check how to make this tomato with mozzarella? You can also make a cheesy tomato like this and enjoy in the salad. The taste was amazing, its bit heavy and filling. Do not use cheddar cheese, I tried and did not like the taste at all.
You can also check another chickpeas rice recipe.
Try few other recipes like; Chinese Rice Recipe with detailed pictures so it will be easy for you to understand whole process. Have a loot at; vegetable rice, egg fried rice, Pea’s pilaf. If you want to give some natural color to rice then you can try Green Rice recipe. If you are fond of citrus rice then try Lemon Rice recipe. In dessert of rice we have tasty Rice pudding.
Ingredients chickpeas rice recipe
- 1 medium size onion (sliced)
- 250g mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato (cut vertically to make (slits)pockets and fill them with slices of mozzarella cheese and then for 5 minutes put in a nonstick pan and let cheese melt a little with little change in color of tomato, like you grill the vegetables, you can also use grill pan for the process, keep aside)
- 250g (1-cup) chickpeas boiled and drained
- 2.5 cups Rice (soaked and rinsed)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red chilies (chili flakes) (kutti laal mirch)
- 1-tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- ¼ teaspoon black seeds (kalonji)
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon Flax seeds (alsi)
- 3-tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1 cube chicken stock.
- 1-tablespoon yogurt
- ½ teaspoon dried mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies or spring onions or coriander leaves.
Directions chickpeas rice recipe
- In a nonstick pot sauté onion in oil and add ginger garlic paste and tomato with mozzarella, press tomato with a cooking spoon to break open all the slits. This will be a bit sticky as there is mozzarella but keep stirring it will be fine, once you add water.
- Sprinkle the spices; salt, pepper, basil leaves crushed, chili flakes, cumin seeds, black seeds, sesame seeds, cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add chickpeas and fry for some time and top with lemon juice, sumac, tahini and cook for some time until oil will shine.
- One-tablespoon yogurt will be added now and cook for some time when yogurt will incorporate well add water and then chicken stock cube and let the water boil.
- Once water will boil add rice and then let it cook on high flame.
- When 80% water will evaporate then add cooking cream and cream cheese, top with dried mint, oregano, rose water, sesame oil and cover with a lid and cook until rice is done.
- Remove in plate add some chopped green chilies or spring onions, sprinkle a spoon of lemon juice and enjoy hot.