Chickpeas rice recipe
You can call it Chickpeas rice recipe or Kidney beans rice recipe, or sweetcorn rice recipe as I am using all three of chickpeas, kidney beans and sweet corn in this recipe. You may have cooked rice with chickpeas so many times but this recipe will bring a unique taste and it is not like the traditional Asian chickpeas recipe.
You can have a look at another chickpeas rice recipe.
Ingredients Chickpeas rice recipe
- 2 cups rice
- 2 tablespoon chickpeas boiled and softened (or canned)
- 2 tablespoon kidney beans boiled and softened (or you can use canned)
- 2 tablespoon sweet corn boiled and softened (or you can use canned)
- 2 chilies
- ½ lemon juice
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 1 chicken cube
- ¼ teaspoon Basil leaves
- Pinch of Sumac
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper To taste
- Pinch sesame seeds
- Pinch black seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2-3 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
Directions Chickpeas rice recipe
- In oil, fry little, chickpeas, kidney beans, sweet corns by stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all mentioned spices and if you have any other spice of your choice, you can add that as well.
- Pour lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Crush with your hand chicken cube and let it boil,
- Time to add tahini, with a spoon mix well.
- Wash and rinse your rice and add to boiling broth. Let the rice boil uncovered on high flame, when 80% of the water will evaporate, making the flame on low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes by covering with a lid, open lid add chilies and cover for a minute.
- Dish out hot and serve with any sauce, yogurt, salad, or chaat.
Note Chickpeas rice recipe
- You can also use leftover boiled rice to prepare Chickpeas rice recipe. Just mix everything in a pot and you do not need the broth as the rice are already cooked. Just sauté chickpeas, corns and kidney beans and then add all other spices and rice and cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes. When the rice will be warm, dish out sprinkle chilies are any green leaves are herbs you like and enjoy.
- You can prepare any salad or chickpeas salad with potatoes, onions, tomato, spices and yogurt and use with the rice as you can see in the picture I am eating chickpeas salad with chickpeas rice.