Chicken Nihari Recipe
Chicken is must in every home nowadays. There are millions of recipes of chicken. Today I will show you how to make Chicken Nihari Recipe with homemade spices. If you do not have market bought Chicken Nihari Recipe spice, do not worry. Follow my Chicken Nihari Recipe and enjoy the same great taste. You can put all the dry ingredients mentioned below in a blender and make powder and use anytime when you need to cook Chicken Nihari Recipe.
I hope you will also try;
- Stir-Fry Chicken
- Chicken Vindaloo
- Szechuan Chicken
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Hot and Spicy Chicken
- Chicken Mugalgal
- Fajita Chicken
- Handi with Chicken
- Mongolian Chicken
- Stir-fry Chicken Recipe.
- Chicken Shashlik recipe
Ingredients Chicken Nihari Recipe:
· 2 medium sized Onions
· 250g Yogurt
· 3-4 tablespoon of Oil
· 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic paste
· ½ kg Chicken (with bones, cut into small pieces as desired, Skinless)
· ½ teaspoon Paprika or Red chili powder
· Salt and Black pepper (to taste)
· 1 tablespoon allspice powder or Gram Masala
· ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
· Pinch of Cumin powder
· 2 Star Anise (Powder)
· ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
· 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
· ½ teaspoon Ginger Powder, onion powder, garlic powder (optional)
· ¼ teaspoon Green Cardamom powder
· 1 tablespoon Lemon/ lime juice
· ¼ teaspoon Black Cardamom (optional)
· 4-5 Cloves
· ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder (jaifal in Urdu)
· 3 teaspoon App-purpose Flour (roast on low flame until change little color)
· ½ cup water (to make the batter with all-purpose flour)
. ¼ teaspoon Fennel Seed
· Green Chilies, coriander (finely chopped, to garnish)
· 1 inch ginger (julienned, to garnish)
Directions Chicken Nihari Recipe:
1. On a medium high flame add oil to a pan and sauté onions until golden brown. Take out of the oil and then blend with yogurt for 2 minutes. Set Aside.
2. Now add ginger garlic paste to oil and cook until the garlic will change its color to light brown.
3. Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes by stirring continuously, until the chicken will change its color to white.
4. Time to add your spices, salt, pepper, paprika, turmeric, allspice or garam Masala powder, and all other spices listed above along with lemon juice, then add yogurt and onion mixture, mix well with chicken and cook until the chicken will be tender.
5. Take all-purpose flour and roast on low heat until, you will see it is changing its color and you will also have a nice aroma, do not over roast. Take out in a bowl and prepare a paste with half cup of water. You can use corn starch as well. Add this batter to chicken by continuous stirring so no lumps will form and cook for 10 of minutes.
6. You can add more water if you prefer.
You can add one potato in Chicken Nihari Recipe too, It is not added to original Chicken Nihari Recipe normally but my family loves the taste of potatoes in Chicken Nihari Recipe.