Recipe for Black or Brown Chick Peas curry
Brown or Black chickpeas are same like simple chickpeas that are yellow in color.
Black Chick Peas are a good source of protein and many vegetarians add these in their diet to get their portion of protein. Apart from this Black chickpeas have iron, fiber, vitamins. It helps to strengthen your immune system and makes your hair grow strong.
In this post, I will be sharing Black Chick Peas curry
- 2 cups brown or Black Chick Peas (boiled or Bengal Gram / Chickpeas (Brown) you can use yellow too)
- 1 medium size onion
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 medium-size green chili (optional, for garnishing)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (according to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder or flakes (optional)
- Salt (according to taste)
- 5 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- Handful of green coriander (chopped, keep for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Use canned Black Chick Peas or you can soak overnight and cook to make them soft.
- Take garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, green chili and coriander, wash, rinse and then chop them finely.
- I normally add everything in my food processor and chop you can use a knife as well.
- Take a pan, add little oil and garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes and then add softened Black Chick Peas and cook for 3 minutes then add all other ingredients except green chili and coriander leaves and cook again by stirring.
- Now on high flame cook for 5 minutes by continuously mixing the ingredients.
- Once the oil is out then you can stop the mixing.
- Cover for a couple of minutes to let the oil come out.
- Open the lid, add a cup of water, mix well and cover again for about 10 minutes.
- Cook for the first 3 minutes on high flame, once the water starts boiling then make the flame low.
- Once you can see the traces of the oil on top of the curry, you are done.
- Close the flame, add chopped coriander and green chili and cover for 2 more minutes.
After 2 minutes mix and take out black chickpeas curry in any bowl or plate and you can enjoy with a spoon or with the bread.
You will like it for sure.