دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal Recipe in English
Let us check how to cook Chicken Mugalgal. This name could be new for you. But if you ever lived in any gulf country then you will be in love with دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal. My daughter simply loves it and when we go out for breakfast she just needs دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal.
Have a look at few more Chicken Recipes;
- Stir-Fry Chicken
- Chicken Vindaloo
- Szechuan Chicken
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Hot and Spicy Chicken
- Fajita Chicken
- Chicken Nihari with Potatoes
- Handi with Chicken
- Mongolian Chicken
- Stir-fry Chicken Recipe.
- Chicken Shashlik recipe
The recipe is simple and we almost have everything at home. So why not change the regular chicken curry with دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal.
- 2 medium size chicken breast (you can also take whole chicken with bones. But my kids do not like so I have to go with their choice)
- 3tablepoon cooking oil (you can use any oil for cooking)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tablespoon all (mixed) spices
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (simply add the tomato in a blender and makes paste if you do not have from the market)
- 2 tablespoon yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped (you can cut it into strips as well)
- Coriander leaf, finely chopped for garnishing (optional, I did not add)
- 2-3 Lemon slices(optional)
- Chicken Stock (you can use cubes from market or make your own stock. If you prefer making your chicken stock use 1 and ½ cup of chicken stock)
- Sesame, black seed, fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shredded (optional)
- 2-4 green chilis (optional)
How To Prepare Chicken Mugalgal Recipe:
- Wash your hands and then wash and rinse chicken well. Now cut the chicken into small pieces or cubes and set aside.
- Take a deep frying pan, add oil for cooking on the medium-high flame, let the oil heat up then add Chicken pieces and sear until they will change the color.
- Now add finely chopped Onions, stir, mix with chicken and cook until the onions will be translucent and soft.
- Now add all spice powder, yogurt and Tomato Paste and sauté until the tomatoes will be blended (mixed) with chicken and onion well.
- It is time to add chopped tomatoes and cook for few minutes.
- If you can see the oil coming out of the chicken then add chicken stock. If you do not have chicken stock then add the chicken stock cubes and then add water.
- Make the flame high and let the water boil, once the water started boiling cover the lid and then stir occasionally.
- Boil for 3- 4 minutes and then remove the cover and boil while lid open, to evaporate excess water.
- Once you see the little amount of water is left add chopped green capsicum and simmer for a couple of minutes but do not cover the lid.
Your دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal is ready. Dish it out sprinkle some sesame, black or fennel seeds and top with green chilis, chopped fresh Coriander leaves, and shredded ginger. Add lemon slices or drizzle lemon juice and enjoy!!
You can eat دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal with bread or boiled rice.
Note: I do not like is so watery, so I almost evaporate the water.
Will you be changing your menu and adding دجاج مقلقل Chicken Mugalgal in it from now on?