Quick and Tasty Szechuan Chicken Recipe
I am always looking for chicken recipes as my kids like to eat chicken all the time and I do not want to get bored with same traditional curry that we always make, though I want to feed them the vegetables I balance by adding vegetables in disguise. Anyways back to the point, so I finally strike Szechuan Chicken at a friend’s place. She had Arabic taste so was not fond of spices much, but I tried to give Szechuan Chicken recipe south East Asian spicy touch.
I could not believe, Szechuan Chicken recipe turned out yummy. It will hardly take your 20 minutes to make Szechuan Chicken recipe. Is not it quick? Let us check out the ingredients and the method for Szechuan Chicken recipe. I prepared it for two people and a toddler so the quantity is small, you can always adjust.
You can check as well;
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Hot and Spicy Chicken
- Chicken Mugalgal
- Fajita Chicken
- Chicken Nihari with Potatoes
- Handi with Chicken
- Mongolian Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (to coat the chicken pieces)
- 3 tablespoon butter (for cooking, you can use oil too)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt ( to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Red chili flakes (to taste) or paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Scallions (chopped into two inch long sticks, to garnish)
- 1 Green chili (optional, to garnish)
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped, optional, to garnish)
- I will remind you to wash your hands properly. Wash and rinse chicken breast properly and cut into small pieces as mentioned above. Now tap them dry on a kitchen towel or tissue paper.
Take a large bowl and sift cornstarch in it.
- Add chicken pieces to cornstarch and with your hand coat all pieces evenly with cornstarch. If the chicken was dry, it will not take so much cornstarch, but if it’s not dry, it will take a lot of cornstarch, so do not forget to dry chicken properly.
- Now take a wok and add oil in it on a medium-high flame.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds, and then add chicken and fry by stirring both until chicken is properly cooked.
- Once the chicken will turn light brown add vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, sugar, soya sauce, and water.
- Make the flame high and let the water start boiling, once it will boil, cover and cook for 6 minutes on low flame or until the chicken will be cooked from inside properly and not pink anymore.
- Now add green onions and cook uncovered so the water will evaporate, once you get the required consistency turn off the fire.
Dish out drizzle some lemon juice, add green chili and coriander and serve Szechuan Chicken hot with steamed white rice and vegetables.
I hope you will love to cook this quick and tasty recipe quite often. We eat this chicken with rice or bread and my daughter tops it on fusilli pasta and she loves that way, as she is crazy about pasta.