Easy Naan Bread Recipe
Are you tired of eating pita bread all the time? I think you need a change and bake your easy naan bread recipe at your home. Here is very easy Naan Bread Recipe to share with you. I always make my naan bread using this recipe. If you are confident enough with making the dough, this will be super easy for you to make naan bread. If you are not good at making dough for pizza then simply buy pizza dough from the market and then use it to create your naan bread at home. You will like the change.
You can add garlic sauce on top or turn it into garlic bread naans as well.
Makes: 6-8 loaves of naans
Ingredients Naan Bread
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon dried milk powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (knead 2 cups flour and save 1 cup for rolling naans)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder/ baking soda (I have used baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (you can add any oil you use e.g. olive, sesame, coconut etc.)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional, to sprinkle on top if you like)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 150 grams yogurt (optional)
- 2 cups lukewarm water to knead the flour
- ½ teaspoon black seed/ fennel seed/ sesame seeds ( to sprinkle on top, I like sesame seeds. You can also knead these seeds in the dough as well.) (Optional)
- 1 egg (optional)
Directions Naan Bread Recipe:
- Before stating Naan Bread Recipe wash your hands first with any soap that is currently available in your kitchen if you do not have hand soap use dishwashing soap to wash hands.
- Take a large bowl and sift the dry ingredients together; flour, dry milk powder, baking powder, salt.
- Now add sugar to the sifted dry ingredients and top it with yeast.
- Add 4 tablespoons of melted butter in the dry ingredients.
- Grab a fork or spoon and mix the ingredients together.
- Now add 1 cup of lukewarm water in the flour mixture and try to mix with spoon or fork.
- You can see the dough is coming together, depending on the need you can add more water if the mixture is so dry or is not mixed well. Now use your hand and start rolling the mixture into the bowl to stick all the ingredients with the dough.
- Use your hands and knead it for some time inside the bowl or you can transform the sticky dough to any workstation, sprinkle some flour and knead until the dough is smooth, soft without lumps and pliable form.
- Now transfer the dough to any bowl and cover the dough with any plastic wrap or wet piece of cloth or kitchen towel
- Brush the dough with oil and leave in warm place for a couple of hours to rise.
Making Naan Bread:
- Once the dough is smooth, take a bowl or plate and add dry flour in it to help you will rolling by sprinkling dry flour on the dough.
- Now using a knife divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions and make small balls by rolling the dough piece in your hands by circular motion.
- Using rolling pin, roll the dough into a small round shape, do the same with all the parts.
- Now grease your oven tray and add the naans on the baking tray and cover with damp towel and leave for half hour to rise.
- Once done you can brush the naans with egg wash and sprinkle some black (kalonji seeds, fennel seeds or sesame seeds)
- Now bake for about 3-4 minutes in preheated oven to 180 degrees.
- Once done brush the naans with butter and if you like to sprinkle some salt on top go ahead, do it.
Serve naan bread hot and enjoy it with the tea, coffee or any curry. What do you think, this naan bread recipe is worth trying?
If you do not have rolling pin, you can make the naan bread by taking the dough ball in hand and by flip-flopping it in both hands and stretching from the edges. I made the naan bread with my hands.