Fruit or Apple Rings
Many times, I try onion rings and my kids simply love them. They are not fond of eating fruits, so I just wanted to feed them with fruits in disguise. So the idea of making fruit or apple rings strike my mind. They are tasty and I like them too. I sprinkle some cinnamon most of the time and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. They are easy to make with great taste.
You can make rings with apple, pear, peach etc.
- 2 Apples (wash and dry with towel or tissue paper, you can use any fruit of your choice, I am using apple in this post)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups of oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon shredded Coconut (optional)
- Take a plate and grab an apple and if you want to peel them you can but I just wash properly and never peel.
- Now cut the apple horizontally to make 1/4 inch thick slices and remove the seeds by cutting middle area with any circular cutter, you can use a cap of any bottle as well if you do not have a cutter.
- Now take a large bowl and make the batter to coat the apples.
- In a bowl sift all-purpose flour and baking soda.
- Top it with all dry ingredients; sugar, salt, pepper, coconut, cinnamon, cardamom and mix with any spoon.
- Now slowly and gradually add the milk while continuous stirring so, you will not make any lumps in the batter.
- Once your smooth batter is ready, if you feel the batter is so thick then you can add more milk, if it is so watery you can add more flour. It should be like cake batter, that will coat the apples and not float away.
- Now take a frying pan or wok on a medium high flame and heat up the oil. Once the oil is hot, lower the temperature or flame.
- Now take one apple circle and dip in the batter and put in hot oil for frying. On slow heat, fry both sides of the apple until golden brown. Do not make dark brown; it should be light golden brown.
- Take the rings out on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil from the apple or fruit rings.
- Now you have some options here, you can sprinkle some coconut on top or top it with an ice cream and drizzle some honey or maple syrup and enjoy. Or you can eat them as they are, they are yummy. You can glaze them with fresh or whipping cream or peanut butter or chocolate too.
- One more thing, if you like, once you dip the apple or fruit rings in batter then you can coat in coconut and cinnamon and then fry.
- Add icing sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and coat apple rings.
These are options that I normally go with just for change and they all are amazing.
Now that, you have a great idea for an easy snack you can always go with few changes to adjust to your taste.
Enjoy yummy fruit apple rings.