Flourless Cake Recipe
Most of the females, who try to follow some diet, they have to stay away in fact miles apart from their cravings for desserts, cakes etc.. At times, for the cakes, we try to replace the all-purpose flour with whole grain flour to satisfy our taste buds. However, in this recipe, as the name indicate, I will be sharing with you a Flourless Cake Recipe with dates.
So you will be thinking, how a cake can be flour-less. Actually, we will take oats and then blend it to make powder and use that flour to make the Flourless Cake Recipe. I will also stay away from any kind of white or brown sugar as using the dates, it will be natural sweetness in the Flourless Cake Recipe, no need to add any extra sugar but at times, I come across people who do not get satisfied with the idea. There is no restriction you can add 3-4 tablespoon of white or brown sugar or coconut sugar.
I have not added any sugar, for me, if I need for sweet; I prefer adding more dates than sugar.
Dates are nutritious and healthy.
They help to lose weight. Good source of iron. Help in digestion. There is one tip, always consume the dates in odd numbers, the benefits will increase.
Oatmeal are also full of natural nutrition. They have fiber and are antioxidant. They help to reduce the cholesterol level in our blood.
The benefits are surprising and you can imagine if you mix both oats and dates, what they will do for you. Both ingredients will be healthy addition to your food.
You can also have a look at some of my other cake recipe; an eggless cake or Easy Pineapple cake, Orange cake, Lemon cake, No-bake biscuit cake or simple tea cake If you want to have some quick cake for teatime then try our microwave colorful cake or cookies microwave mug cake or microwave simple cake or microwave chocolate cake. One of my friends has shared coffee caramel cake, Easy marble cake, Chocolate cake, as well. In healthy cakes range, we have for you oatmeal muffins or Eggless chocolate cake or Coffeecake recipe.
Anyways without further ado, let’s check out the ingredients.
Ingredients Flourless Cake
For Flour less date cake recipe you need following ingredients;
- 1-cup oatmeal (grind to make flour)
- 1-cup dates (boiled in hot water and drained. Remove the seeds as well)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup olive oil (you can use vegetable oil as well)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
Directions Flourless Cake:
- If you have all these ingredients with you on your workstation, let us prepare this healthy cake.
- We are all aware of benefits of dates and oatmeal, it is not a secret. Therefore, you can also imagine how the dates will enrich the flavor of the cake.
- Let us start.
- You have to mix the dry ingredients together and rest together.
- As I have mentioned above, grind your oatmeal to make powder and boil the dates in two cups of water to make them soft, remove the seed and try to cut the dates in half.
- If you have hand beater then beat the eggs and oil together to make fluffy creamy texture. If you do not have the mixture, you can add the eggs and oil in the blender and blend well for about three minutes. It will also give you a nice texture and taste.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients, oat meal flour, baking soda, baking powder with spoon mix well then add the egg mixture and fold the mixture together with spoon or spatula slowly and try to get a smooth texture. Now at the end add your dates and mix in the mixture.
- You are done. Grease any baking pan with oil and then add the mixture, bake in oven for 20-30 minutes on 180-degree centigrade.
- You can feel the aroma I know.
Enjoy this delicious healthy oatmeal date cake or you can say your flourless date cake.
I hope you will like the recipe. If tried let me know, in comments below.
You can snap the cake and show me your picture on Instagram.