Tea Cake Recipe
In this post, I will share the easy tea cake recipe with you. In most of the families, tea or coffee is a must and many like to enjoy their hot drink with some sort of cake or snack with it. If you are having guests for the tea party, then tea cake is a great addition to the menu. My husband and daughter are fond of tea cake and I quickly make for them, at times, I make in the microwave too.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar ( you can add 1 cup sugar too, but I like less sweetness so)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ( whole wheat flour or a mixture of two can be added as well)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or any other essence of banana or strawberries.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Take a large bowl and sift flour couple of times. Sift baking powder too on top of the all-purpose flour.
- Take a spoon and mix both all-purpose flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl beat both eggs for approximately 5 minutes. You can see the foamy texture.
- This is the time to add sugar to the eggs. After adding sugar beat eggs and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
- Now add any available essence, I will add vanilla essence. Now beat for 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and give it a quick whisk with the beater again for few seconds.
- It is time to add the oil to the mixture. Add oil and beat the batter for 2 more minutes on a medium speed.
- Now slowly add a 3-4 tablespoon at a time of all-purpose flour and baking powder mixture in egg batter and mix gently or use a spatula to fold the flour into the creamy batter.
- Now grease your baking pan and add the batter and bake for about 10 minutes on low flame in the preheated oven.
- after ten minutes prink a toothpick in tea cake and take it out, if it comes out clean your tea cake is ready. if some batter sticks to the toothpick then leave in oven for a couple of more minutes.
- Check again and your yummy hot tea cake is ready.
I hope you will love the taste and twist of lemon juice. You can add lemon zest too, to add more flavor to your tea cake recipe.