Today I am going to tell you how to make a colorful microwave cake recipe. It is not a mug cake but I actually microwave it in a big bowl. If you want to check mug cake recipe then enjoy my easy mug cake Oreo recipe. This cake will take 3-8 minutes in a microwave, The recipe is very easy and the cake is colorful so kids love to eat it all the time. The consistency is dense and you can add any topping you like. This recipe will work amazing for you.
Ingredients Microwave cake recipe
- 1 medium size egg
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons oil (you can add butter as well, melted)
- 1 drop each of Different food colors
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt and baking soda
- ¼ cup white powdered sugar (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon of milk powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Directions Microwave cake recipe
- Grease a medium-size microwave-safe bowl with oil or cooking spray. Set it aside.
- In a bowl sift the dry ingredients together; app-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and milk powder.
- Take another bowl and add oil, egg, vanilla extract and milk and whisk everything together until well combines.
- Add the wet ingredients in the dry and incorporate well using a spoon or spatula and start folding in circular motions from inside to outside, until all the mixture is smooth without any lumps.
- Now separate the mixture into two-three bowls depending on a number of colors you are using and add drops of colors and mix well. I added cocoa in one bowl, yellow and green colors in others.
- If you want to make the mug rainbow cake then add the colorful batter in piping bags and pour in a cup like this.
- If you want to make in a bowl as I did then pour different colors batter each one once all at a time or alternating the colors as you do in a marble cake.
- Once you are done with the whole batter of a microwave cake, cover the bowl and cook in microwave on high heat from 5-10 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. You can always touch the cake from the top and if springs back it is done. Or you can see in the picture how the cake has left the edges of the bowl.
- Leave the Microwave cake recipe to cool for 5-10 minutes then cover the bowl with cake in it with a plate and turn over both to take the cake out of a bowl and cut it in pieces and enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
You can add any topping you like or simply cut and enjoy!!