Easy Biscuits recipe
In this post, I will show you how to make easy biscuits. The biscuits will be crunchy from outside and flaky inside. You can always poke a toothpick in biscuits to know about cooking time. You can cut them from the center and glaze with peanut butter, Nutella, cream or even jam, sprinkle some sugar sprinkles and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea. I baked these easy biscuits for a tea party with friends, everyone loved my biscuits and asked for my easy biscuits recipe. You can also check Three ingredients cookies, healthy wheat cookies, Simple chocolate cookies.
Ingredients Easy Biscuits recipe
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 and ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of semolina flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (it must be cold, take it out of refrigerator when you need it then use, chop into small cubes)
- ¾ cups of fresh milk (you can use low fat or skimmed milk too)
- 1 large egg (beat it lightly to add in flour)
- 1 medium size egg for egg wash
Directions Easy Biscuits Recipe
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and using spoon mix well.
- Add chopped cold butter to the flour and then using a pastry cutter or knife or using your hands break the butter into small pieces and also mix to incorporate with the all-purpose flour. Keep working until the flour will look like breadcrumbs.
- Mix the egg into the milk and using a spoon or balloon mixer mix well.
- Pour milk mixture into the flour and then using a spatula or hand, mix everything well.
- If the dough is wet then add little more flour in it.
- Lightly flour your surface and then with your hand knead the dough to make a smooth dough.
- Roll dough almost half-inch thick and using any cutter cut the biscuits and put on your baking sheet
- The number of biscuits depends on your cutter size. I used almost 2 and ½ inch cutter and got 10 biscuits.
If the dough is left then combine it, bring together by kneading and make more biscuits.
- In a bowl beat one egg and add 2 tablespoons of milk and mix well.
- Brush all the biscuits with this egg wash and place in oven for 8-12 minutes.
- your easy biscuit recipe is ready to enjoy with tea or coffee.