Healthy & Quick Wheat Cookies Recipe
Dear bakers here are another amazing recipe for cookies for you. I hope you have enjoyed my previous chocolate cookies recipe too. Wasn’t they amazing and super easy? Today’s recipe is especially for those kids who are not fond of eating bread. This is the best way to give them the nutrition of the wheat flour in disguise. The recipe for Wheat cookies is very easy, but the wheat cookies turn out to be yummy. I can bet even you cannot stop yourself eating more and more. Of course, they are healthy too.
Ingredients Wheat Cookies Recipe:
- 1 cup whole grain flour (you can use all purpose flour too)
- Pinch of salt,
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder,
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda,
- ½ cups butter or ghee (at room temperature)
- ½ cups Castor sugar
- Milk as required,
- Cardamom powder a pinch (optional).
Directions Wheat Cookies Recipe:
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees or mark 4 on the gas oven.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper or parchment paper or simply grease it with little oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix Butter or ghee with sugar very well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and using a spatula must mix everything.
- Take little quantity of milk and knead the dry ingredients.
- If the dough is not coming together well add more milk a spoon at a time as we don’t want to make our dough soggy or sticky.
- If the dough becomes watery and sticky then add little more flour.
- The dough should be normal, not sticky.
- Leave the dough for 15 minutes and then you can take a piece make a ball of dough n roll with rolling pin and cut in any shape using a cutter or any cup or even a bottle.
- Take any shape or size you want.
- You can also take the whole dough ball and then roll it using a rolling pin and then cut it any shape you want. I used round cutter.
- Cut the wheat cookies and place on baking tray, leaving some space between all biscuits.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes. Keep an eye on cookies as sometimes they get brown quickly from the top.
- I used measuring cups to measure all ingredients in wheat cookies recipe.
- This wheat cookies recipe is very healthy you must share and bake with your kids.
- You can add Nuts or dates as well in Healthy Wheat Cookies Recipe
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.