Simple Chocolate Cookies Recipe by Zarnain Zainab
Do you like chocolate, if yes then why not try Simple Chocolate Cookies Recipe? They are so easy to make, chewy and delicious in taste. My cookies where always a big fail, they were never cookies but something else may be buns. But when I tried this Simple Chocolate Cookies Recipe my cookies turned out perfect. You can check the pictures you know it.
This easy recipe was shared by my lovely friend Zarnain Zainab.
- 1-cup all-purpose flour
- ½-cup butter,
- ½ cup castor sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 egg,
- ¼-tablespoon baking powder,
- Few drops of vanilla essence,
- 2-tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Oil for greasing your hands and baking tray
- Pinch of baking soda (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional but recommended)
Cookie making nozzle (optional) or a Fork to make design on cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Take baking try, line it with butter paper or oil it and set aside.
- I will remind you to wash your hands properly with any soap available at your home or kitchen, as you will be preparing food.
- Take a large bowl and sift together all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Now take another bowl and beat butter and sugar together with a hand beater until the mixture will be creamy. Try to start at low speed as all the powder can fly and spoil your work place. If you do not have beater than you can beat with hand.
- Now add egg and beat for couple of minutes.
- Then add few drops of vanilla essence in the mixture. If you do not have vanilla essence, you can use any other essence that you have.
- Now let this mixture rest for about 30 minutes preferably in refrigerator.
- Take out the cookie mixture; grease your hands with oil.
- Now make small balls with your hands, roll your hands round and round and there, you have it a perfect ball. Please do not paly with this ball, you have to press it now with both hands and flatten your ball.
- Grab a fork press it over the cookies and make any design you like.
- You can simply poke some holes too in the biscuit.
- If you have nozzle for pressing cookies, you pipe mixture in nozzle and make cookies.
- Once you are done with whole batter line up all the cookies on baking tray and bake it on 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. However, it depends on ovens much, so it is better to keep and eye, take out one and try to poke a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the cookies are done if not return it back in oven and cook for few more minutes.
- Enjoy yummy Simple Chocolate Cookies.