Apple pancakes recipe
Weekend is either Apple pancakes day or waffles day for us at home. When the whole family is still enjoying their sleep on beds, I get into my kitchen and think about some new idea for pancakes or waffles. For me making pancakes is much easier than the waffles as if I am making waffles, I have to clean the waffles maker too. You know, bit lazy woman, so most of the time, I settle with pancakes. Today I will share with you Apple pancakes recipe. My kids love these pancakes. However, I have tried many pancakes until now but this always turned the best. The aroma of apples wafting through my home excited everyone everytime I have cooked them. Apple pancakes recipe is my all time favorite and a love all the time.
You can also check my few other pancakes recipes here;
- Coffee Pancakes with chocolate syrup and banana
- Simple pancakes with orange juice
- Semolina flour Delicious Pancake
If you ar elooking for somthing salthish then for you I have;
Ingredients Apple Crumble Topping:
- 1 and ½ apple (Cut one in small cubes and the other half grate it and set aside)
- 2 tablespoon crushed nuts
- 2-tablespoon raisins
- 3-tablespoon cinnamon
- 2-tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Butter
Directions Apple Crumble Topping:
- Add cubes of the apple in a pan top with cinnamon, brown sugar, with a spoon mix everything well or with fingers to coat all cubes of apples properly with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Then add butter in a pan over medium heat, once oil is warm add raisins, mix and then add apple mixture and cook apples until tender, Now add grated apple and sprinkle with crushed nuts, give it a quick mix, take out in dish and set aside. Your Apple topping is ready.
Ingredients Apple pancakes Recipe:
- 1 Apple (grated)
- 1-cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Medium sized egg
- 1-cup milk (I used buttermilk; you can add fresh milk; full or low fat or even skimmed or almond milk)
- 1-tablespoon butter melted (to add in pancake batter)
- 2-tablespoon Greek strawberry yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- ½-teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Few raisins or Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoon Butter (to brush the pan for cooking apple pancakes)
Directions Apple pancakes Recipe:
- In a large bowl, add grated apple, sifted all-purpose flour, Greek yogurt, egg, melted butter, baking powder, vanilla essence, baking soda, salt, sugar.
- With one cup of milk, make batter, check the video, the batter should be flowy not sticky.
- Now grease pan and pour one cup of batter on warm surface and make pancake.
- Once the bubbles will appear on the surface, flip (check notes) the apple pancake and cook from the other side.
- When the color will be nice and brown take it out on a plate and continue with remaining batter. Once done with whole batter, place all pancakes on top of each other and if you like cut it, I cut in triangles.
- Add crumbled apples that u cooked before, Spread it on the pancake and enjoy.
- To flip the side of the pancake slide the pancake on the back of a plate or lid turn plate on pan to flip the pancake.
- After pouring the apple pancake batter in the pan you can top the pancake with nuts or chocolate chips are raisins, if you like.
- I have used buttermilk but any milk can be added in recipe.
- To taste the flavor I have used almonds and shredded coconut you can add any nuts of your choice
- In apple crumble topping, you can add spoon full of honey and lemon juice as well.
I was making Apple crumble topping in little different way from ages, once I came across Gordon Ramsay Apple crumble Recipe then I extracted part of the recipe and cooked this topping. It turned amazing and from that day, until now, I am making the topping in this way with almost every fruit. It is not full apple crumble recipe as I donot need it just a part of it before baking and adding all-purpose flour or powdered milk on top and baking.