Simple Pancakes with Orange Juice
Though I like simple pancakes a lot at times, I try some variations, to bring some change by topping the pancakes with ice cream, fresh cream, maple syrup, honey, fruits or chocolate or strawberry syrup. Or by adding some ingredients inside the batter. So today, I am sharing Orangy simple Pancake recipe with you. Have an orange morning.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 medium size Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoon oil (you can use melted butter too)
- 1 leveled tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Fennel seeds / cardamom powder / cinnamon (optional)
- 2 large Orange
- Honey or maple syrup to serve
- Take a large bowl and with the help of grater, make orange zest. Do not go deep as the skin is bitter deep inside. Also be careful do not hurt your hands or fingers.
- time to cut the same orange and squeeze one half and make fresh orange juice about 2 tablespoons.
- In the same bowl sift all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, orange zest, vanilla essence, salt, sugar, fennel seeds (if using)
- Add the wet ingredients oil, eggs except for milk in the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk the batter. When you will have desired consistency stop adding milk.
- The liquid should not be so thick or watery. The just medium consistency that it can flow slowly like honey. It will be easy for you to handle it.
- Now in a medium heat place a non-stick pan and brush it with oil or cooking spray.
- Pour about 150 g or the batter on the non-stick pan, it depends on the size of your pan, you can adjust as per the size of the pan.
- With a spoon, you can spread the batter evenly over the whole surface if you like or make small size pancakes.
- Let cook the pancakes from one side and then flip to other side and cook for about couple of minutes, until you get nice golden brown color.
Drizzle some maple syrup or honey and enjoy!