Yummy Coleslaw Recipe
I love to eat coleslaw and I have tried so many recipes over the years and this recipe is Todd Wilbur recipe from one of his ‘Top Secret Recipes’ books, I finally settled with this with little change as per my taste. Coleslaw is my favorite but I always wonder, the recipe is very simple, easy and cheap then why it is expensive in most of the restaurants and the quantity that they provide, my tooth does not even get wet with it. I need to have it at home. I prepared coleslaw with this coleslaw recipe and all my friends fell in love with my coleslaw recipe and I have to write it down for them.
Ingredients Yummy Coleslaw Recipe
- ½ head cabbage, remove core
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 2 tablespoon onion, finely chopped (optional, as my family do not like the smell so I hardly add, but you can add)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Sugar and salt to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (fresh ground recommended)
- ½ cup fresh milk (you can also add buttermilk or both)
- 2 tablespoon lemon/lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ medium size apples
- ½ tablespoon apple cider (optional but recommended)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream (optional)
- Handful of ruby red Pomegranate seeds
- ½ teaspoon of pomegranate juice
- You can also add celery seeds if you like.
Directions Yummy Coleslaw Recipe:
- Wash all the vegetables and apple properly with water.
- Take a large bowl and set aside.
- Chop your cabbage head as you like, you can chop it very small or in form of strips and add in the bowl.
- Shred carrot and apple but be careful do not hurt your finders and ad
- sugar, apple cider, pomegranate juice, cream etc. and mix well.
- d in the bowl.
- Add minced onion in a bowl with other vegetables.
- Now taking a spoon or spatula combine all properly.
- Take another bowl and combine, mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, pepper,
- Pour the liquid on vegetables and using a spoon or spatula mix everything well so the vegetables will be coated with sauce well.
- Cover the bowl and leave Yummy Coleslaw Recipe overnight in the fridge and when you feel like eating add the pomegranate seeds on top and enjoy cold.