Chickpeas Salad Recipe
This easy Chickpeas Salad Recipe is infused with garlicky, minty, olive oil and lemon dressing with a treat of sweetness from the honey. This Chickpeas Salad Recipe shows you how to make an easy, healthy salad at home quickly.
You can add also grilled chicken to add some extra dose of protein to the Chickpeas Salad Recipe.
I would love to say that it is easiest and quickest salad recipe ever. This can be used as a side dish or for some salad person like me, main dish. I have few other salad recipes for you on my blog like; Russian Salad, coleslaw salad, Quinoa salad, Simple fruit salad, Cabbage Salad, Chickpeas salad, Tabbouleh Salad, Black eyed peas salad.
I hope you will check above salad recipes too and will like them as well.
Ingredients Chickpeas Salad Recipe
- 1 cup boiled and softened chickpeas (canned can also be used) (sabut chana)
- 8-12 green olives sliced
- 1 medium sized tomato chopped (tamatar)
- 2 small sized or one large onion chopped (pyaz)
- 1 green chili chopped (sabaz mirch)
- ½ large potato boiled peel and chopped (aloo)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves crushed (podina)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic minced (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon vinegar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional, but recommended)
- Pinch black seeds (kalonji)
- 3 tablespoon mustard paste
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce.
Directions Chickpeas Salad Recipe:
- Place a large bowl on kitchen counter and add boiled and softened chickpeas in it.
- Top it with rest of the ingredients like; onions, tomato, potato, mix well.
- In a separate bowl add lemon juice, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of mustard paste, dry mint, honey, black pepper, olive oil, vinegar, salt, hot sauce and mix everything well.
- Pour the dressing on the chickpeas salad recipe and mix well.
- Add the olives on top and then pour remaining mustard paste.
- Let Chickpeas Salad rest in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes after covering bowl with a lid or cling film.
- Take out from refrigerator and enjoy chilled.
Note Chickpeas Salad Recipe:
You can add fresh herbs; dill, coriander, lettuce, mint or parsley leaves and top with feta cheese and also avocado can be added.
Add cucumber in this Chickpeas Salad to get juicier texture, I am not sure, how I forgot to add cucumber in this. I never do.