Chana Dal Recipe (split chickpeas)
Chana Dal is my favorite dal(lentils). We can have a variety of combination with chana dal. We can cook it with spinach or chicken. the best thing about it, it goes well with both roti(bread) and rice. You can have a smooth soup type or dry form. Try this amazing blend of split chickpeas with spices.
Ingredients Chana Dal Recipe (split chickpeas):
- 2 cups Boiled and softened split chickpeas (Chana dal)
- 4-tablespoon oil
- 2-tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½-teaspoon white cumin seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced in strips
- Salt, black pepper and paprika (to taste)
- ½-teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken (If you do not want to boil then cut in thin strips)
- ½-teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon of butter or ghee
Directions Chana Dal Recipe (split chickpeas)
- Take a processor, add onion, tomato, and chop all these finely.
- If you do not have, the processor then chop all the above ingredients with a knife in fine texture.
- Heat up oil in pot; add garlic ginger paste and sauté until the garlic will change the color.
- Add chopped onion and tomato and cook until the oil will seep out of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, coriander powder, turmeric and all other spices if you want to add any other spices you can.
- Now add Chana Dal (split chickpeas) with shredded chicken, stir and cook until the oil will start shining on the mixture.
- Pour ½ kg of water and let it boil for few minutes, then lower the heat and let the mixture boil for 15-20 minutes.
- When the quantity of water will be reduced to the desired amount, remove the pot from the fire and place another frying pan on fire.
- In a pan add 2 tablespoons of oil, butter or ghee and heat it up. Add sliced garlic and cumin seeds and cook until the garlic will change a little color.
- Quickly pour this garlic mixture on the chickpeas soup and then give it a quick mix.
Your tasty Chana dal recipe is ready. Serve hot with boiled rice or tandoori roti or naan.