Warga Anab recipe
I am in love with Warga Anab recipe. When I tried Warga Anab recipe for the first time, I could not imagine that grape leaves are this much useful and there are people in the world who use grape leaves in cooking. We know about banana leaves etc. but not grape leaves. When I tell to my friends that we have grapes at home and just cut and throw the leaves when we get fruit, they tell me to preserve the leaves and send to them.
Ingredients Warga Anab recipe:
- ½ kg of the rice
- 1 medium sized tomato.
- ½ kg meat pieces or chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper, paprika to taste
- 1 tablespoon of mixed spice
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 1 and ½ cups of the olive oil.
- ½ kg of minced meat or minced chicken
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint leaves.
- 20-30 grape leaves.
- 1 medium-sized potato, sliced (optional)
Directions Warga Anab recipe:
Cooking Warga Anab recipe is a two-step process, preparation and then assembly.
Preparation Warga Anab recipe:
- Soak rice for 1 hour in water after washing them properly in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse rice properly. In a pot add 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil and add rice and minced meat with any spice of your choice, one small chopped tomatoes, and dry mint leaves and cook for a couple of minutes to change the color of the meat or chicken and to be aromatic.
- Remove rice and minced meat from the fire and set aside.
- Wash grape leaves and boil with water for about 2-3 minutes, to make them little soft so you can roll them easily.
- Place the leaf straight on any plan surface and in the middle add little filling of rice and minced meat and roll the leaves to cover the filling well.
- Continue with all the leaves and the filling. Once done with the entire leaves place on a plate and set aside.
Assembling Warga Anab recipe:
- In a large pot in the bottom of the pot, layer the grape leaves.
- Fry chicken with little oil and if you like, you can add any spices of your choice with tomatoes, bay leaves, cook for a couple of minutes and then add the layer of this fried chicken or meat on top to potatoes.
- Now add a layer of sliced potatoes (optional), top it with a layer of warga anab, stuffed grape leaves.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot and you can add one chicken stock cube (or chicken broth) and add 1 cup of the olive oil with water. (This is a great tip to add shine to the dish and good to prevent constipation)
- Pour this boiling water on the warga anab, stuffed grape leaves.
- The water must rise an inch and half above the grape leaves.
- Take a plate that can fit inside the pot and place on top of the grape leaves so the leaves will not open while boiling and cooking.
- Keep the fire on high until the water is boiling, leave it boiling for a couple of minutes (2-3) and then make it very low, the lowest point of the fire and cover the pot with a lid and then leave the pot on fire for about 2-3 hours.
- Warga Anab Recipe can also be cooked in the pressure cooker for 1 hour but I will suggest you cook in a pot to have a great taste.
- Once done, turn the pot upside down in any dish and remove the grape leaves from the top and potatoes. To have a better idea, see the attached picture.
Your tasty warga anad recipe is ready, enjoy with family and friends.
Note warga anab recipe:
- For dinner, you can prepare warga anab with chicken or meat with rice.
- Alhashwa (filling with rice, minced meat, spices, tomato, dry mint)
- You can also cook Warga Anad recipe without adding layer or meat.
- You can also add more water while cooking to have some sauce with the warga anad recipe as you can see in the picture.