Semolina Breakfast Recipe
The word semolina has an Italian origin, derived from semola which means “bran”, in India and Pakistan we call it Rava or Sooji.
You must have heard about the health benefits of semolina flour. It is best that we add semolina to our food for its rich nutrient content. It is low in fats but the protein is very high in semolina. It is best for people who are on diet plan. Semolina is a good source of gluten in it, if you are allergic to it please avoid. Gluten free alternative of semolina is Polenta if you need any recipe you can add polenta instead. Let me tell you also that Semolina is a wheat whereas polenta is a corn.
Semolina is a source of vitamins and is digested slowly in our body and keeps our stomach full for a longer time and we refrain from eating. So it can help a lot in weight loss. Due to the coarseness of semolina, it is healthier than the white flour.
One last thing, you can also cook semolina in the microwave with milk in any microwave safe container, on high it will take 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave.
We can have both sweet and savory recipes of semolina. Today I will show you how to make amazing and quick Semolina Breakfast Recipe.
Ingredients Semolina Breakfast Recipe
- 8 cups milk
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Vanilla essence few drops
- 1 cup crushed nuts
- 250g pack fresh cream
Directions Semolina Breakfast Recipe
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan or pot and add semolina flour in it.
- Lit the fire and start stirring the milk and semolina mixture.
- When the milk will be warm then take a half cup of the milk in a bowl or mug and break both eggs in it, whisk with a spoon properly.
- Slowly pour the egg-milk in semolina and milk and continuously stir so no big lumps of the egg will form
- Cook and let the mixture boil, when it will be little thick then put the dessert in serving dish or bowls as you like and cover with cling film.
- If you will not cover quickly then the thin film of cream or fat will settle on top.
- Put the dessert in refrigerator.
- Prepare the sugar syrup by pouring milk into a pot and add sugar, stir to dissolve the sugar on medium-high flame.
- Let the mixture boil, until you get the required consistency of the sugar syrup.
- This syrup should not be so thick but flowing easily.
- Before serving the Semolina Breakfast Recipe add the nuts, a spoon of cream and sugar syrup on top.
- You can serve the nuts, cream and syrup with the semolina dessert and everyone can add as much they like.