Reshmi Kebab Recipe
Reshmi Kebab Recipe is done with cream and cheese but the little amount of spice. I have added the twist in Reshmi Kebab Recipe by using red chilies with green and black pepper. You can add the paste of ¼ tomato too or tomato paste, to bring little redness in the Reshmi Kebab Recipe. Serve Reshmi Kebab with green (sauce) chatni and Naan. Reshmi Kebab is also known as Malai Kebab or kabab.
Ingredients Reshmi Kebab Recipe:
· 2 chicken breast (skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces)
· 1 tablespoon Green paste (3 green chili, coriander leaves, mint leaves)
· 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
· Salt (to taste)
· Black pepper (to taste)
· 1 tablespoon Lemon/ lime juice, you can use white vinegar too.
· Pinch of nutmeg powder (optional)
· ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (or paprika, optional)
· Pinch coriander powder
· Pinch of cumin powder
· Pinch of cardamom
· 3 tablespoon Butter
· 250g cream cheese (you can mix and blend mozzarella cheese and cream together as well)
· Metal skewer to put in oven
Directions Reshmi Kebab Recipe:
1. In a bowl or ziplock bag add Chicken cubes, salt, pepper, green paste, lemon juice, Cardamom, nutmeg powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder or paprika, mix all the ingredients together.
2. Now add cream cheese and mix well again.
3. Leave the chicken to marinade for about two hours. Best is, if you prepare the chicken with marinade and leave overnight and next day, grill them.
4. Once you are ready to grill the chicken, take out the bowl from refrigerator and add the butter and mix well again.
5. Now one by one skew all the chicken cubes on the skewer. If you like you can skew up some vegetables too. If some batter is left behind, also add that on chicken cubes for more taste.
6. Take a pizza tray and line it with aluminum foil and add a rake on it as a lot of liquid will come out of chicken and it can spoil the kebab, so best is to place the skewer on raised tray or rake.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
8. Add the skewers to the preheated oven for total 20 minutes.
9. After 10 minutes turn the side of the skewer, while turning, you can also brush butter if you need rich Reshmi Kebab Recipe.
10. You’re creamy and soft Reshmi Kebab Recipe is ready. The kebabs are very nice and your family will be surprised at the taste and all hard work you put.
- You can brush with melted butter if you want to get extra chewiness and softness, but I did not like.
- You can also add vegetables in skewers with the chicken pieces