Easy Mutton Kofta Recipe
Kofta is most of the time side dish in many homes when people have guests. There are many ways to make Kofta. In this post, I will be sharing Easy Mutton Kofta Recipe. Making Kofta is never an easy task, but I can assure you this will be no fail Kofta Recipe for you. Trends are changing all over the world. People are adding new dishes to their menu. One of my friend an amazing recipe for a Chicken sandwich cake, I hope you will check it too.
Ingredients Kofta Recipe:
- 1 kg boneless ground Mutton ( you can make kofta with boneless beef and chicken too)
- 4 medium-sized Onion
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3-4 Green Chilies (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon Ginger, garlic paste
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder/paprika
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
- 1 medium size Egg
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon of Chickpeas powder (optional, if the mixture is hard to handle)
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dry coriander
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped, to garnish)
Directions Kofta Recipe:
- Grab an onion, peel and then chop them. Keep one chopped onion aside. Add oil to a frying pan and fry 3 chopped onions until golden brown, take out less than half golden onion and set aside. Leave remaining in the pan to continue with the cooking of Kofta Recipe.
- In a large bowl add Boneless mutton 1 kg, then 1 large chopped onion, golden brown(fried) onion that u set aside, chopped green chilies, ginger, and garlic paste.
- Now add salt, red chilies, garam masala powder, one egg and 1 tablespoon of yogurt and mix well.
- Make balls and put it aside. You can add chickpeas powder if the mixture is watery and running. You can also leave balls in the refrigerator until you are done with preparing the curry.
- Take the frying pan in which u have golden brown onion. Reheat them and add garlic, ginger paste and cumin seeds 1/2 tsp. Let it cook by stirring.
- After a minute add 4 large tomatoes and let it cook on medium flame for 5 min.
- When the oil will seep out of tomatoes and tomatoes are cooked then blend the mixture by using a hand blender or in a simple blender.
- Sprinkle salt, red chilies, dry coriander and turmeric powder.
- It is time to add the mince balls carefully n let it cook on very low flame for at least 10 min. When u find balls are firm and solid and properly cooked then on a high flame cook it well until koftay and gravy is done well.
- Add water and let it simmer for a while to make perfect gravy.
Garnish with garam masala and fresh coriander leaves.
Author: Sadia Shabbir
I am an artist who loves peace n colors. I present my creative skills through my passions.