Daal Makhani recipe
When we think about any lentil dish on special occasions, the first dish that comes to our minds is creamy slowly cooked Daal Makhani. Daal Makhani recipe is an integral part of the menu on weddings and special occasions. This is Punjabi style Daal Makhani recipe and it has awesome taste. It’s my favorite daal dish with boiled rice but you can enjoy with naan as well.
This amazing recipe of Creamy Lentils has been shared by my lovely friend Bushra Nasir. She has shared few more great recipes on the blog. I am grateful for this awesome recipe for creamy lentils.
Ingredients Daal Makhani recipe
- Red + yellow lentils (Moong + Masoor Daal)1 cup together
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves 6 – 7
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Onion (sliced) 1
- Butter 2 tbsp
Directions Punjabi Daal Makhani recipe:
- In a pan add 2 cups water, lentils, salt and turmeric and let cook until lentils are tender.
- Cook until slightly thick.
- In a small pan heat the butter and add onions garlic and cook until golden.
- Add cumin seeds and add on top of the lentils just before serving.
- Serve with boiled rice.
- I sprinkled chaat masala on my plate as it adds a good taste.
You can also add 1/2 cup of cream to add more taste to daal makhni.