Pizza Roll Ups Recipe or Pinwheel Recipe
Today in this post, we will check Pinwheel Recipe; you can also say Pizza Roll Ups Recipe. Pinwheel Recipe has two steps; making of dough and then assembling the Pinwheel Recipe and finally baking it.
I am using pizza like dough base but you can also try Pinwheel Recipe using puff pastry sheets. You have to place two sheets together and press the edges to make a long sheet and then roll it to desired length, add the filling roll lengthwise to make a log, refrigerate for an hour and then cut the edges to make smooth Pinwheel Recipe and finally slice the and bake. Let us see how to make Pinwheel Recipe?
Ingredients Pinwheel Recipe
For the Dough:
- 1-cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon semolina flour (soji)
- Pinch of Salt (namak)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (zeera)
- Pinch of carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2-tablespoon oil
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch baking soda
How to make Pinwheel Recipe Dough?
On kitchen counter place a large bowl, add and mix all the above listed ingredients. Give them a quick mix with a spoon or your finger and then gradually add little by little water and make a smooth dough. Cover with a cling film or a wet cloth and place in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
Ingredients Filling Pinwheel Recipe:
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes; boiled and mashed (you can use chicken fillets; boil and shredded them)
- Salt to taste
- ¼-teaspoon Cumin powder
- ¼-teaspoon dry roasted cumin powder
- 1-teaspoon green chili chopped
- 2-tablespoon fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tablespoon of Pizza sauce (optional)
- ½-tablespoon Garam masala
- 2-tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½-cup water
- 1 and ½ -cups oil for frying
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (optional if you will fry pinwheels, if you will bake then must)
How to prepare filling for Pinwheel Recipe?
- In a medium-sized boil add mashed potatoes, top it with salt, pepper, crushed green chilies, cumin, Garam masala, and coriander and mix well with your hand or a spoon.
- Set Aside.
How to make the sheet for Pinwheel Recipe?
- Remove the dough from the bowl, spread some dry flour on kitchen counter or work place and knead your dough quickly for couple of minutes by punching and rolling it.
Using a rolling pin roll the dough in form a long sheet.
- Now apply some pizza sauce and spread over whole sheet.
- Top it with potatoes filling or chicken filling if you are using, you can mix both as well.
- Start rolling the sheet lengthwise to make a log.
Cover log with a cling fill and refrigerate for an hour.
- Trim the edges and slice the log to make pinwheels. Slice whole log.
- Add flour and water in a bowl, mix well and set aside. This mixture will be used for coating pinwheels before frying them.
- Put a pan or skillet on medium heat and add oil, once the oil is warm. Dip the pinwheel in flour and water mixture and then deep fry on low heat for about couple of minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Place the pinwheels on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil and enjoy hot Pizza Roll Ups with any dip of your choice with a hot cup of coffee.
Note Pinwheel Recipe:
- You can also prepare Pizza Roll Ups Recipe by baking the pinwheels; prepare them as mentioned above and add mozzarella cheese on top on filling and then roll and finally cut slices. Place the slices on a greased baking tray or try lined with parchment paper and then bake for 6-10 minutes in a preheated oven to 180 degrees.
- This will be the healthier version of pinwheel recipe.
- Bell peppers, few olives and onions can also be added in the filling. Try to experiment as per your choice.
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.