Mash Daal Fry Recipe
In this post I will show you how to cook Mash Daal Fry Recipe or Split and dehusked black gram lentil. There are many ways to cook Black lentil curry but I will show you a simple Pakistani style Black lentils dal recipe. You can add any spices of your choice in Mash dal recipe to adjust it to your taste.
There are many benefits of lentils. They are high in fiber, regulate blood sugar, help to reduce cholesterol and increase energy. Lentils are good source of protein and help to lose weight. You can boil lentils and use them in different salads. To give you an idea check the black eyed beans salad.
Ingredients Mash Daal Fry Recipe
- 1 cup split Black lentils
- ½-cup oil
- 1 medium sized onion sliced or finely chopped
- 1/2-tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium sized Tomato chopped
- ½-teaspoon Dry coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garm masala (all spice mix)
- ¼-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Green chilies to taste
- Green coriander to garnish
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Ginger julienned to garnish
Directions Black lentils dal recipe
- To cook Mash Daal Fry Recipe wash and then soak black lentil in clean water for an hour. Boil until tender, drain water using a strainer and set aside.
- You can also place with split black lentils to boil and meanwhile continue with rest of process.
- Place a wok or pan on medium high flame. Add oil let it warm then add sliced or chopped onions and then fry until caramelized.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, stir and fry until the garlic will change its color or aromatic.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and green chilies and sprinkle salt, pepper turmeric, dry coriander powder and cumin seeds. Cook by stirring occasionally until the oil will separate.
- Add boiled split black lentils and fry it for 4-5 minutes. When the oil will seep out then add water as required. If you want to have soupy texture, you can add more water, if you want to keep it little dry then add 1 cup of water. Let it cook for about 5- 8 minutes on low flame by covering the lid.
- Simmer it until you can see the traces of the oil on top.
- Sprinkle garam masala and coriander.
- Garnish the lentils as you like and serve Mash Daal Fry Recipe with Naan or chapati or steamed or cumin rice.
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.