Tasty Lemon Garlic Spaghetti Recipe
Total:18 min Prep: 10 min Cook: 8 min
Today was Spaghetti day again and as I have mentioned in my previous recipe for Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with Squash that next time will be another Spaghetti Recipe so today I am presenting Lemon Garlic Spaghetti Recipe. I love to add lemon everywhere, you may have come across my Lemon Rice recipe too, so today, I thought to cook Lemon Spaghetti Recipe. I hope you will like the recipe.
Ingredients Lemon Spaghetti Recipe
· ½ pack spaghetti
· 1 chicken breast (skinless and cut into thin strips)
· ½ medium sized sliced onion
· 3 cloves of garlic (Finely sliced into thin strips)
· 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
· ½ medium size egg (you can use 1 egg too, beat with a fork)
· 2-3 tablespoon Mozzarella Cheese (Parmesan can also be used)
· ½ tablespoon chopped fresh spring onions
· 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (you can use lime or vinegar too)
· Salt and black pepper (to taste)
· 1 tablespoon lemon zest (you can peel the skin of lemon with peeler or grate the skin but do not go too deep as it is bit bitter inside)
· 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
· Pinch of cumin seeds (optional)
· ½ teaspoon oregano (optional)
Directions Tasty Lemon Spaghetti Recipe
1. Cook the Sepgatti with chicken breast in boiling water as per the package directions by occasionally string it. You can add a pinch of salt and teaspoon of oil as well while boiling paste. Drain properly and set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk 1 tablespoon of oil, minced garlic, Mozzarella Cheese or parmesan, egg, and lemon juice.
3. Add Sepgatti and chicken in lemon sauce and mix well with a fork.
4. Heat up oil in a wok and sauté onions until caramelized. Take half of the onion out and in remaining onion add garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt, black pepper, oregano, and if you like, you can add cumin seeds too.
6. Time to add the Sepgatti and chicken in onions and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
7. Top it with lemon zest and cook by covering with the lid.
8. When you can see the oil bubbles it means the lemon Sepgatti is ready.
9. Garnish with spring onions and caramelized onion that you took out.
You can make the lemon sauce as written above and then mix the Sepgatti and chicken and cook or you can simply add chicken and Sepgatti in the wok cook and one by one add other ingredients like lemon juice, cheese and at the end egg and cook.
If you will add an egg to the wok while cooking then after adding egg quickly stir and mix everything to coat all the ingredients well with egg and do not let the eggs scramble. It should coat the Sepgatti.
Both ways turn well.
If you like the sourer taste, you can add 1/2 tomato too. I have cooked with tomato as well. It adds more juicy taste to the recipe.