Vermicelli dessert recipe
Today I will show you how to cook amazing vermicelli dessert recipe. There are different types of vermicelli but I will be using the thin vermicelli for my dessert. I made Vermicelli small bowls and added the custard in bowls and some sprinkles to garnish. You can fill the cups or bowls of Vermicelli with any dessert of your choice like cream, whipping cream and add some fruits on top. Remember one thing, whatever you want to add in bowls add just before serving as the vermicelli will soak the moisture and will not be so crunchy if left for a long time with any filling.
Ingredients Vermicelli dessert recipe
To make Vermicelli dessert recipe cups:
- ½ pack Vermicelli
- ½ cup condensed milk (you can add more)
- 1-2 tablespoon of oil
- Pinch of powdered cardamom
- 4-6 equal sized small bowls or cupcake pan
- Paper Cupcake cups 4-6
To make the custard filling
- 2 cups of milk
- Custard powder I used 2 spoon
- Sugar to taste
Sprinkles to garnish
Directions Vermicelli dessert recipe
- In a pan add oil and let it warm. Once warm sprinkle cardamom and let it to cracker. Then add vermicelli and cook on low heat by stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes. Once you notice that the color of the vermicelli is changed then add condensed milk and stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- The vermicelli will be little soft. Now turn off the flame and let it cool for 2-3 minutes until you can handle it.
- Take cupcake pan line it with paper cups then add two tablespoons of vermicelli in each cup.
- Using a spoon or the cap of any bottle, press to shape vermicelli as cups. Just do it roughly, no need to make them 100 percent same.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a cup pour lukewarm milk and add custard powder and mix to dissolve. Set aside.
- Add milk to a pan over medium-high heat, let it boil.
- In boiling milk add sugar and let it dissolve by stirring it continuously.
- Take the cup with custard mixture, mix again with a spoon and then pour on boiling milk by continuous stirring. Lumps should not form.
- Keep stirring until the mixture will get thick and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- When the custard will be ready, turn off the flame and let it cool for few minutes and then pour in a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
Assembling Vermicelli dessert recipe
- When you want to enjoy vermicelli dessert then take out your vermicelli cups.
- Add custard in piping bag and pipe out the custard in the cup in any form you like. I just added the custard with a spoon.
- Sprinkle some sugar decorations on top and enjoy when chilled.