Tarragon Cream Sauce for Chicken
Tarragon Sauce Recipe
I have always prepared béchamel sauce and used it with my steaks. I have a large bottle of dried tarragon leaves that I just use in Pasta at times. One day my oregano was finished and I thought to add dried Tarragon leaves instead in my creame sauce for chicken. The taste of Sauce was so delicious that my daughter asked me to make the steak with Tarragon Tarragon Cream Sauce for Chicken Recipe with steak for her lunch box too. I hope you will also try this Tarragon Sauce Recipe and enjoy it. This tarragon sauce is used in this Chicken Steak recipe.
May be you are thinking what are tarragon leaves. let me tell you. Tarragon is actually a herb, the botanical name of tarragon herb is Artemisia dracunculus. Tarragon herb is full of nice aroma and has many health benefits. The leaves of tarragon are narrow and grow from a slender stem of the herb. To see picture and details check Tarragon.
Ingredients Tarragon Cream Sauce for Chicken Recipe
- 1-tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper freshly ground will be best
- White pepper (optional) a pinch
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon Leaves (fresh or dry, I have used dried and result of best. I have used these tarragon leaves)
- ½ teaspoon Parsley leaves (dry or fresh)
- 1-teaspoon mint leaves crushed dried (optional)
- 2-tablespoon lemon juice
- ½-lemon rind
- 1-tablespoon butter
- Spoonful of chopped spring onions
- ½-teaspoon chili sauce
- 1-cup cooking cream
Directions Tarragon Sauce Recipe
- Cook ginger garlic paste with a spoonful of butter and then add ¼-cup water
- Then add spices of your choice, I have added salt, pepper , dry tarragon leaves , dry parsley leaves you can also add dried mint leaves, spring onions
- Pour 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and lemon rind of half of the lemon.
- Stir and cook and let it boil; now add few drops chili sauce.
- Time to add cooking cream while stirring continuously. Now stir and cook, until you see little traces of oil.
Your tasty sauce is ready.
Note Tarragon Cream Sauce for Chicken:
- You can use all-purpose flour also to make the sauce, or flour and cream both can go at the same time. All depends on your choice and taste. There is not hard and fast rule in cooking like mathematics, you can always experiment with spices and ingredients to get the taste that suits you teh most.
- Just in case you donot have tarragon leaves then you can add oregano, dill, basil, rosemary. To find the best substitue for tarragon in exact quantities, please check What’s A Good Tarragon Substitute?
- Tarragon have a lot of health benefits, it is good for cardiovascular health. It has a lot of minerals; zinc, iron, magnesium in it and is also rich in many vitamins. Use of tarragon leaves in good for your health. To check health benefits of tarragon read; Nutritional and health benefits of tarragon by Sarah.
- Tarragon leaves has a pronounced taste, the taste of tarragon leaves go well with: fish, chicken, meat, mutton, eggs and in vegetables its a good combination with asparagus and carrots.
Try and Enjoy!