Dates Cake Recipe
If until now you did not come across my experimentation of cakes, then I am telling you how I experiment with my simple batter of cake with different fruits and have baked some lovely cakes for you. Please check the recipes of;
In this post, today I will show you how to bake dates cake recipe at home with ease.
Ingredients Dates Cake Recipe
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Eggs 3
- Oil ½ cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Milk ½ cup
- Vanilla essence few drops
- Chopped dates ½ cup
- Yellow food color (optional) few drops.
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Chocolate syrup to garnish
Direction Dates Cake Recipe
- Grease a baking pan or line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large glass or steel bowl beat eggs with sugar until fluffy.
- Add oil and beat again for couple of minutes.
- Pour milk, and add vanilla essence and food color and beat again.
- Sieve flour, baking powder together in a bowl, slowly add little quantity of flour at a time in egg mixture, and beat.
- Once you are done with, flour add the chopped dates and using a spatula or spoon mix gently. Pour the mixture in greased pan, bake in preheated oven/pateela (wok or pot)/pressure cooker or rice cooker on180 for 40-60min, or until the skewer will come out clean, check after 30 mins.
- When the Dates Cake Recipe will be baked properly, let it cool for few minutes, then remove on rake leave for 15-20 minutes, and then slice with a knife.
- Garnish, as you like. I dusted some icing sugar and poured some chocolate syrup for extra punch of sweetness, I like sweet cakes. Enjoy Dates Cake Recipe with hot cup of tea or coffee.
Note How to make Date Cake recipe at Home?
- If you want less sugar then reduce the specified quantity of sugar as dates are sweet as well.So
- me nuts can also be added in the batter to make Dates cake with nuts or Date nuts cake recipe.
- If you want to prepare whole wheat cake then check Whole wheat date cake recipe
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.