Lemon Rice Recipe
Are you bored from eating normal rice all the time? I have an easy and yummy recipe for you. All the ingredients are mostly found at home. Try lemon rice recipe and enjoy and surprise your family and friends. You can enjoy the lemon rice with yogurt or any chicken curry if you have leftover otherwise without anything they still taste amazing. You can not see any bay leaf on my plate but when I dig in, all 4-5 bay leaves came in my same spoon 🙂
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cups Rice (boiled with turmeric powder and stained. You can add food color as well)
- 1 medium Onion (Finely Chopped or Sliced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2-tablespoon Salted Peanuts
- 1 medium Green chili (optional)
- ½-teaspoon Turmeric powder (optional, you can use yellow color as well, if you do not like, skip both)
- Salt and black pepper as per the taste
- 2 tablespoon Shredded Coconut
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Lemon zest
- Coriander and Mint leaves Chopped
- 2-3 Bay leaves (optional)
- 1 medium Green chili (chopped, optional)
- Pinch of Cumin seed
- ¼ cup Water
- Take a large pan and heat up oil on low flame. Add bay leaves and cook for 1 minute. Add the chopped onions, garlic and ginger paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dry spices; Turmeric, salt, black pepper, and mix. Let cook for a minute.
- Add peanuts and roast for a couple of minutes.
- Now add boiled rice, stir and mix well. Let it cook for 1 minutes by covering the lid.
- Add shredded coconut mix and add lemon juice, chili, coriander and mint leaves and lemon zest, mix again with a light hand.
- Sprinkle a 2-3 tablespoon of water on rice, and let it simmer on low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Top it with cumin seeds and you are done.
Tasty Lemon Rice is ready.
If you have added turmeric powder in rice then no need to add turmeric powder to the topping mixture.