Twisted Breadsticks Recipe
This is a great snack for kids, as they love the colors and will ask for more. You can experiment with the shape and make different shapes. Sprinkle nuts, parmesan cheese, granulated sugar, cinnamon, sesame seeds or black seeds on the twisted sticks to give them a nice texture and taste.
Ingredients Twisted Breadsticks Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup very lukewarm water
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- ¼ tablespoon baking powder
- Baking soda a pinch
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- Salt a pinch
- 2 tablespoon lukewarm milk
- Food colors of your choice (one or more)
- ¼ cup oil (melted butter can also be used)
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1 tsp salt
- To brush on top
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds to sprinkle
Directions Twisted Breadsticks Rolls Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sieve all purpose flour, dry milk powder, baking soda, baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add yeast, sugar, egg, salt, oil in flour and mix.
- Using water knead the dough, make a large ball, grease it with oil by applying some oil on your palms, cover with a wet towel and leave to rise for a couple of hours, depends on external temperature. If the temperature is low, it will take more time, if high then less.
- When the dough will proof, punch it down and knead by dusting some flour on the kitchen counter for a couple of minutes.
- Depending on the number of food colors you are using divide the dough into equal parts. I have added two food colors then I divided it into three equal parts.
- Leave one part without adding any color to remaining I added green and orange color. I knead the dough for a couple of minutes so the whole dough will have the homogenous color. I had three colors dough now Green, Orange, and plain (without color). Now make 3 balls from each color dough.
How to make Twisted Sticks
- Roll each part with your hands to make a thin log or stick, ¼ inch diameter.
- Bring three different color stick together and put them next to each other. Now hold them together from one corner and pinch to join the three edges and then do same on another side so three sticks will join. Now place on a kitchen counter and make U shape, hold from middle and then start twisting two legs U around each other to have twisted sticks.
- Place on a greased baking tray and continue with rest of the dough.
- Let them rise for 15 minutes.
- Whisk an egg and grease the twisted sticks with the egg wash. sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes, depends on external temperature.
- Once done, brush them with melted butter. Your tasty twisted Breadsticks Rolls Recipe is ready.
Note Twisted Breadsticks Rolls Recipe
- You can whisk the egg and apply or add two tablespoons of milk in an egg to make the egg wash if you want extra soft Twisted Breadsticks Recipe
- Sesame or black seeds can be sprinkled on top to give a nice texture.
- You can also roll all three dough, apply Nutella and then cut into thin strips, twist and bake to get Nutella Twisted Breadsticks Recipe
- Parmesan cheese can also be sprinkled on top or added inside by first rolling the dough in form of a rectangle, sprinkle cheese then top with different colors add cheese again then cut into strips twist the strips and bake to get parmesan Twisted Breadsticks Recipe