Quick Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Total time: 30 minutes
In this post, I will be sharing the recipe of teriyaki chicken. One thing that is very important for you to know before starting the Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. If you are comfortable with the idea that chicken can taste sweet too then you must try Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. If you think that chicken can only be spicy or salty then it is better do not try Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. My daughter and I are in love with Teriyaki Chicken Recipe, but my husband and son are not ready to accept the sweet taste of chicken. Teriyaki Chicken Recipe will bring a chicken with a sweet taste to your dish.
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (optional)
- Salt (pinch or to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1 and ½ large orange (squeeze to make orange juice)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Brown sugar (optional)
- 1-inch piece of ginger (shred it, be careful do not hurt your hands or fingers)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (you can use any oil to cook chicken)
- ½ kg chicken cut into small pieces (you can use boneless skinless chicken pieces of breast or thighs as well)
- 2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter for cooking (you can use any oil as well, to cook the marinade.)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves or Green onion finely chopped (to garnish, optional. I did not add any as I was short but normally i do.)
- Sesame seeds (to garnish, optional)
- couple of green chilis (to garnish)
- Wash your hands and wash and rinse chicken and cut into small pieces. You can use boneless chicken pieces but I had some leftover pieces so I used them. But the taste was still amazing.
- Now take a bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, salt, black pepper, orange juice, honey, grated fresh ginger, brown sugar and a tablespoon of oil. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Add chicken pieces in marinade and leave for 15- 20 minutes at room temperature. You can also make marinate, add chicken cubes and marinade the chicken overnight; it will bring sweeter and nice taste.
- Once you are ready to cook Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. Take the chicken pieces out of marinade onto a plate. Keep the marinade aside, do not discard, we have to use it.
- Take a deep frying pan or wok and add oil and heat up on medium flame. Once the oil is warm enough add chicken pieces and sauté, stir and cook on low flame for about 5-6 minutes so the chicken will be cooked properly from inside as well. Once the color of chicken turns golden, turn off the flame and remove chicken from the oil onto a plate and set aside.
- Now in the same pan, if you still have oil it is good, if not add unsalted butter heat it up and then add your marinade to the pan. Cook the marinade on low flame as it has honey and lemon juice it will stick and burn quickly. On low flame boil your marinade and stir constantly until you can feel that the marinade has thickened. It will take a couple of minutes on low flame.
- Once you get the desired thickness of the marinade add chicken back to the pan and toss and stir to combine the chicken and the marinade properly. You should stir in a way that each and every piece will get the shiny marinade coated on it.
Your Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is ready. Dish it out sprinkle some finely chopped green onion and a sprinkle few sesame seeds if you have or like.
Enjoy with bread or boiled rice.