Tandoori Naan Bread
Homemade Tandoori Naan
- 3 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt (optional, if you do not add, or to taste)
- 200g Yogurt
- 1 medium-size Egg (optional, if you want Naan to be soft, if you want hard and standing texture, do not add egg)
- ¼ cup lukewarm milk (if you need Naan to be soft)
- 3 tablespoon Oil (or melted butter)
- 1 cup lukewarm water (to knead the dough).
- 1 tablespoon Sesame or black seeds (to sprinkle, optional)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds powder (optional, but recommended)
- Melted butter to brush Homemade Tandoori Naan bread
- ½ teaspoon Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon chopped Coriander or green chilies
Skillet or frying pan
Note: Above mentioned quantity will make 8-10 Tandoori Naan Bread.
Topping for the Naan Bread.
Take a small pan, heat up butter add garlic, once it will turn golden brown add coriander and green chilies. Once done, set aside.
Making Tandoori Naan Bread:
- Take a large bowl add ½ cup water and microwave for 1 minute to make water lukewarm, set aside.
- Grab another bowl sift all the dry ingredients; all-purpose flour, baking soda, cumin powder, baking powder salt. Add sugar and give it a quick mix with spoon or spatula.
- Now take lukewarm water and add; lukewarm milk, oil, yogurt, egg, whisk together.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour and then add half of the liquid mixture in it and with a spoon or spatula starting from the middle in circular motions, mix all the liquid with the flour and try to knead the mixture.
- If the mixture is so sticky dust with more flour, if so dry add water mixture. Once you get a nice texture and dough, make a large ball and brush with oil and leave for a couple of hours in dry or warm place of the kitchen.
- When you want to make the naan, punch down the dough and knead for a couple of minutes and make small balls.
- Heat up frying pan or skillet pan over medium heat.
- Using a rolling pin make the bread, sprinkle water on bread and some sesame seeds. Now put the naan bread on a hot skillet with waterside facing towards skillet.
- When you see that the top is no longer wet but has dried then put BBQ grill wires on fire, remove the skillet and directly put the Naan Bread on wires and let it cook directly on the fire.
- When the naan bread will be cooked, then brush it with oil topping with garlic and coriander or green chilies.
Your Yummy Homemade Tandoori Naan Bread is ready.
- You can also prepare the Tandoori Naan Bread and bake them in preheated 180 degrees oven for 2 minutes.
- Tandoori Naan Bread dough can also be used as a base to bake the pizza on it.
- You can simply brush naan with butter or if you donot like leave without brushing. It will be perfect still.