Semolina Coconut Cake Recipe
Semolina Coconut Cake is a Middle Eastern cake; it will taste great if you will serve it with Arabic kehwa or green tea with mint. I am sharing easy and tasty Semolina Coconut Cake Recipe in this post, I hope you will all try and love this Arabic cake.
Ingredients Semolina Coconut Cake Recipe
· 200g Semolina flour (used fine flour and sift it to remove any lumps)
· 100g Sugar
· ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
· 360ml Milk
· 2 tablespoons of raisins (soak in water for 5 minutes then drain and set aside)
· 2 tablespoon Milk Powder
· 250g Cream cheese
· 1 cup (75 g) desiccated, unsweetened coconut
· 3 tablespoons almonds (you can use whole or ground)
· ½ tablespoon baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon baking soda
· 1 medium size egg
· Few drops of Vanilla essence
· 200 g sugar
· 120 ml water
· ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· ½ tablespoon rose water or orange blossom water
Directions Semolina Coconut Cake
1. First of all, prepare the sugar syrup by placing a pan on the medium high flame. Add water, sugar and lemon juice and boil until the syrup will thicken little by stirring occasionally with a spoon. Once done, remove from heat and add rose water. Let it cool, it will thicken more.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
3. Grease a baking pan with oil and set aside.
4. In a blender add semolina flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, egg, butter, milk, and milk powder. Blend for 4- 5 minutes until you will have a smooth batter, if you have hand mixture, you can use that too.
5. Now pour half of the batter on to the baking pan and spread smoothly using a spatula or spoon. Now add half amount of cream cheese on top and spread evenly.
6. Dust with Coconut powder on the whole surface on top of cream cheese.
7. Pour the remaining mixture into semolina and then smooth it and add coconut and ground almonds on top.
8. Sprinkle raisins and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
9. Bake the semolina coconut cake for 15-20 minutes or until the top layer turns golden brown.
10. You have to keep an eye while baking as the time varies from oven to oven and external, internal conditions and efficiency of the oven.
11. Once done take the pan out of the oven and pour sugar syrup. Let Semolina coconut cake sit for 10-20 minutes at room temperature to absorb the syrup. Then cut into small squares or diamonds and serve.
- You can sprinkle coconut as I have written above or simply add the coconut with semolina flour in blender and blend.
You can cut small pieces of semolina coconut cake and add a nut on top of each square and serve.
Normally Semolina Coconut Cake Recipe is served with crushed pistachios or almonds on top.