Russian salad recipe or Creamy Pasta Salad
Today, I am going to show you how to prepare Russian salad recipe. You have a mix both the vegetables and fruits in this amazing sweet salad. You can check some other salad recipes too, on my blog like; coleslaw salad, Quinoa salad, Simple fruit salad, Cabbage Salad, Chickpeas salad, Tabbouleh Salad, Black eyed peas salad.
Ingredients Russian Salad Recipe
- 2 cups boiled pasta
- 125 gm carrots-peeled and diced.
- 1 cup boiled potato peel it and cut into small cubes.
- ½ cup boiled peas
- 1-cup fruit cocktail
- ½ cup crushed nuts (whole nuts can also be used)
- 4 bananas sliced (you can also cut into cubes)
- 125 gm French beans (green beans) stringed and cut.
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 3 cups mayonnaise sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper- freshly powdered, to taste
- 1-tablespoon mustard powder
- 3-4 cranberries sliced (optional, for dressing)
- 2 tablespoon of raisins for dressing
- ½ cup sliced pineapple ( save some for dressing also)
Directions Russian salad recipe
1. Boil pasta in hot water until softened.
2. In another pot boil green pea and cubed potato. Once done, drain water and set aside in strainer so the excess water will be removed.
3. Place a large bowl on kitchen counter or your work place, add nuts (save some to sprinkle on top), fruit cocktail in it, and give them a quick mix.
4. Take all the listed fruits and vegetables and cut them in cubes or thin slices like; banana, beans, apple, pineapple, guava and if you have any other fruit too slice it.
5. Add all the cut fruits on top of fruit cocktail. Mix nicely with light hands so you will not spoil the texture of the fruits.
6. Now in another bowl add cream, mayonnaise, and mix. Sprinkle black pepper, salt, and sugar.
7. Mix all the fruits, veggies and pasta well, top with cream and mayonnaise dressing and mix well.
8. Sprinkle nuts, raisins, pineapple and cranberries on top to add some color to Russian salad recipe.
9. Leave in refrigerator for 2 hours or until chilled properly and enjoy your tasty, creamy Russian salad recipe.
The listed quantity will serve 6-8 people.
Note Russian salad recipe
You can add strawberries, kiwi, and berries in you Russian salad recipe and enjoy different flavoring.
Author: Zarnain Zainab
I have completed my Master in Botany and now doing Master of Education. I am a passionate girl who loves to cook and bake and share my recipes with others.
I am a member of many facebook groups where I upload my recipes and pictures, many try my recipe and always give me good feedback.
In many food groups of Pakistan, I am the trendsetter of baking fruit flavored cakes.
Now, I see many ladies following my footsteps, experimenting with fruit cake recipes and sharing their experiences and recipes.