Quick and easy rice pudding recipe
If you are looking for, ” What is the recipe of Rice Pudding?” Then you have finally reached the right place. I have shared with you Rice dessert recipe before but this easy rice pudding recipe is with completely different taste. In this recipe of Rice dessert (chawal ke kheer) I have added Ice cream pack. The taste turned great. I had aromatic creamy bites with each spoon with a flavor of ice cream. You can make this pudding with leftover boiled rice to make easy rice pudding with cooked rice. This is stovetop rice pudding recipe. If you like, you can combine the listed ingredients pour the mixture into any baking tray and bake it to make baked rice pudding with cooked rice. This is simply old-fashioned rice pudding recipe but the taste is great. You can eat it hot or enjoy when chilled. I have not added any egg to make it rice pudding no egg. If you like you can add egg, just increase the ratio of vanilla essence to remove the smell of eggs from Quick and easy rice pudding recipe. You can have different versions of a basic recipe like; rice pudding with raisins by adding raisins in the pudding and also garnish with some. If you want sweeter version than add condensed milk it will give smoother, creamer and sweeter texture to your rice pudding with condensed milk recipe. I love to eat this when my mom was making it. Now I am happy that my kids like this old-fashioned rice pudding recipe. You can make thicker or thinner version of the rice pudding by increasing or decreasing the quantity of the milk and cooking time.
Ingredients Quick and easy rice pudding recipe
- 2 packs fresh cream (250 g each)
- 1 pack of Ice cream (any flavor you like, I added Kulfa)
- Few drops rose water (optional)
- ½ cup crushed nuts ( reserve some for decoration)
- 1 and ½ liters of Milk
- Few drops vanilla
- 1 cup boiled rice (if you do not have boiled rice then blend to coarsely crush them)
- ½ cup sugar (you can add as much you like)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Saffron threads
- 4 heaped tablespoon of shredded coconut.
Directions rice dessert Recipe:
How do you make rice pudding with Cooked Rice?
- Add milk in a small bowl and add saffron threads in it. Set aside. The color of the milk will turn light yellow slowly.
- Put the ice cream out of the refrigerator and let it melt and come on room temperature.
- Place a pot over medium-high heat and add milk. It is better to use a non-stick pan if you have.
- If you are using leftover boiled rice just grab a spoon and try to mash them a little. Otherwise, add washed rice in a blender with blender blend coarsely and then add to milk.
- You can also boil the rice first and then make this rice pudding recipe it will be quicker for you.
- The last option is, crush the rice and let them cook with the milk, it will be time taking but the taste will be even better.
- Occasionally stir the rice when the milk is cold. When the milk will start heating up, you have to continuously stir it.
- When you will see that the pudding is getting thicker, mash the rice with a spoon and add sugar along, nuts, vanilla essence, and salt add rose water too if you like.
- Add fresh cream and ice cream and keep stirring it.
- Cook until the consistency is exactly what you like. Turn off the heat.
- Add saffron milk give it a quick mix.
- Dish out the Quick and easy rice pudding and garnish with spread shredded coconut on top. Add crushed nut.
- Leave in refrigerator for few hours and let it chill, if you want to enjoy it cold, otherwise, you can eat it hot.
- You can turn the rice in form of a paste or grind them coarsely if you want to have the rice in your bites.
- If you are looking for, “How do I make rice pudding in the oven?”
Take leftover rice, mix with milk and all the above-listed ingredients, pour in a baking tray, sprinkle nuts, raisins, any topping of your choice and bake in preheated oven on 200 C for 10-15 minutes. Time may vary depending on external temperature and efficiency of the oven.
- You can skip the sugar from the Rice pudding recipe and make sugar syrup with 1 cup water and 1 and 1/2 cup sugar and pour on top of pudding when you want to eat.