Puff pastry dessert Recipe
My kids love puff pastry and all the time I am experimenting with it. One day I came across a video on Facebook by someone making a dessert like this. Fresh strawberries were used, but I replaced it with Apple crumble type filling. This Puff pastry dessert Recipe was so delicious, mouthwatering and so filling that I was unable to finish it in one go. I did it in the second round as cannot leave anything this yummy at all. My kids loved it and I hope you will enjoy it too.
Ingredients puff pastry dessert recipe
- 4 squares of puff pastry sheets (thawed but cold)
- 2 egg yolk
- Sugar to taste (I have added 2 tablespoons)
- 1-tablespoon cornstarch
- ½-teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¾ cups of fresh milk
- 2 apple (grate ½ apple, cube ½ apple and slice 1 apple)
- 2-tablespoon brown sugar
- 2-tablespoon butter
- 1-tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon crushed nuts
- 1-tablespoon raisins
Directions puff pastry dessert
- Place a pan on medium heat and add grated and cubed apple, top it with brown sugar, butter and cinnamon and crushed nuts and raisins and cook until the brown sugar will milk and apple will be tender and the sugar liquid will start bubbling. Remove from flame and set aside to cool.
- Take 4 squares of thawed puff pastry and join edges to make a square long sheet. Roll it a little and then divide into two equal parts.
- Poke holes in puff pastry sheets with a fork and place them in a pan to cook. Cover and cook for 4 minutes on the low flame from one side. Once cooked from one side turn over and caramelize from another side as well. Once down with both pieces, dish out and set aside to be cold.
- In a microwave, safe bowl add egg yolk, vanilla, milk, sugar, mix, and then cover and microwave it for 2 minutes and then take out and mix, continue until you will have a thick creamy texture of the eggs, once done, let it cool for few minutes and then transfer the cream to a piping bag.
- Now place your puff pastry sheet on a plate and apply egg custard that you filled in a piping bag, then add sliced apple and then top with half quantity of apple crumble you cooked in step 1 then apply cream again place the second puff pastry sheet on top and then add remaining apple crumble on top.
- You can sprinkle cocoa sugar or icing sugar on top and then enjoy.
Believe me, it is delicious and so filling.