Pakistani Chicken Recipes for Dinner
Today one of my friends asked me how do I make Pakistani Chicken Recipes for Dinner? So I thought to share Pakistani Chicken Recipes for Dinner with all of you. I will show you how to make best Pakistani Chicken Recipes for Dinner with onions. You can make these chicken recipes in Karahi. The word Karahi is used for the pot that is used for cooking. But you can cook the chicken recipe in any available pot. Karahi is kind of a wok. This recipe is very simple with few ingredients. The spices can be adjusted as per your taste.
This traditional Karahi curry can be cooked using chicken, mutton or beef with butter or oil, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, spices of your choice in a pot called karahi in India and Pakistan.
Different names are used for this Chicken Karahi Recipe in different areas like; karahi, gosht karahi if you cook with mutton or beef, kadai chicken.
Most people think that Chicken karahi recipe is so spicy but if you are cooking at home you can easily adjust the ratio of spices as per your taste. This beautiful picture of Chicken Recipe is shared by my lovely friend Saima Chatta. Thank you Saima for such a nice picture and the taste was amazing.
Ingredients best Chicken karahi recipe Pakistani style
- Chicken with bones, cut into 8 or 12 pieces (boneless chicken can also be used)
- ½ cup water
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoon roasted and ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon roasted and ground cumin seeds
- ½ cup oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Black pepper freshly crushed to taste
- 2 teaspoons ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger ( you can be julienned cut as well, I didn’t add)
- Red Chili powder or paprika To taste
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped (ripe)
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped, to garnish, you can add more
- Coriander leaves, chopped
Directions Chicken Karahi Recipe in English
- Heat oil in a wok or karahi (if you have) add sliced onions and fry until light brown. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry until aromatic. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same oil add chicken pieces and cook until the chicken pieces will change its color little white. It will take 3-8 minutes depending on the heat and the chicken pieces size.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let it cook until all the water of the tomatoes will dry and oil will shine.
- Sprinkle all spices; cumin, coriander, red chili powder, cook for 1- 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add yogurt, mix and cook for few minutes, when the yogurt will mix well then add water and green chilies, reduce the heat and cover the pot. Let it cook for 4-8 minutes until the chicken pieces will be fully cooked and will not be red or pink near the bones.
- Now add the onions and ginger garlic that you have cooked and set aside. Mix everything well.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, ginger and if you like some green chilies. Mix well.
- Drizzle some lemon juice on top before serving and enjoy your Pakistani Chicken Recipes for Dinner and also check Chicken Karahi Recipe in English.
- In Pakistani chicken karahi recipe, you can skip the onions and cook it with ginger and garlic paste only. Many like me like to cook this chicken karahi recipe with onions as well. The taste is great you add onions or cook with only ginger and garlic.
- you can skip yogurt from this chicken recipe.