Oatmeal recipe with Chicken
When I have no time to cook or have no option to left in mind for cooking, I always go back to my quick oatmeal recipe. I am always having variations, in my basic recipe and always the taste is amazing. In this post, I will share an oatmeal recipe with chicken and cilantro.
Chicken Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper ( to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium size onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium size tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon garlic, ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Spinach or cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 green chili (to garnish, optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vinegar (optional)
- Non-stick pan for cooking
- Take a nonstick pan and add oil on the medium-high flame.
- Once the oil is hot add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger paste and cook for 10 seconds by stirring continuously.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and cook by stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes will be dissolved completely.
- Now add shredded chicken and toss and stir to mix with onions and tomatoes.
- Add all the dry ingredients; salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, vinegar (if using) and mix well.
- Add oatmeal and then stir and cook for about 2 minutes, once you see the oil bubbling add chicken broth.
- If you do not have chicken broths then add only hot water. If you like, you can add any sachet of chicken broth as well and then water.
- Now make the flame high and let the broth boil. Once it starts boiling you can lower the flame, cover the pot with the lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, make the flame high and let cook by stirring.
- Once you get the required thickness of the paste then turn off the fire.
- Dish out the oatmeal chicken on a plate and sprinkle some finely chopped spinach or cilantro or green chili and Enjoy with a spoon.
For Oatmeal Chicken Soup:
If you want to make oatmeal soup, add 3 cups of water and then add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to get the desired thickness.
Enjoy oatmeal recipe with Chicken!!