Oatmeal chicken or meatballs
Every day starts with a new thought of what’s cooking? Last time I cooked Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry and today I was thinking to cook meat. I love to add oatmeal to my food so I decided to add oatmeal with meat and cook oatmeal meatballs recipe. I have a variety of recipes, I use oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, dinner and for my snacks. In this post, I will be sharing an easy and quick oatmeal meatballs recipe. You can always replace meat with chicken. Oatmeal meatballs recipe is easy to make and yummy with taste.
- ½ cup oatmeal (you can use quick oatmeal as well)
- 250-gram minced meat (you can use chicken too, I normally make with chicken)
- ¼ cup tomato (chopped after removing seeds)
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon of bell pepper (chopped)
- Salt, pepper, coriander powder or seeds, cumin powder or seeds, fenugreek powder or seeds, black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 medium-size green chili (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon/ lime juice
- 1 medium size egg (for coating, optional)
- 1-cup Breadcrumbs (for coating, optional)
- 1 tablespoon coriander/ parsley/ mint leaves (optional)
- 1 cup oil for frying
- You can add seeds (whole) spices or use powder. If you want to have a taste of spice in each bite of Oatmeal meatballs recipe then add as a whole once done with meat in processor. If you do not want them to bother you in mouth then add in form of powder.
- Onion, tomatoes, green chilies and green coriander, you can add in the processor after you are done with meat. Both ways work perfectly. I am feeding these Oatmeal meatballs to my kids, so I throw everything in the processor to have a smooth paste. You know Kids!
- In a processor minced together, oatmeal, one chicken breast if using chicken otherwise meat, tomato, onion, capsicum with salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, black pepper, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon cornstarch for 3 minutes to have a smooth paste.
- Now remove the meat from the processor on a plate. Add green chili and chopped coriander and mix.
- If the paste is so watery, then scoop it out with ice-cream scoop on plate and microwave for few seconds to remove excess water then shape the balls. You can also leave the paste in the refrigerator for an hour to work with it with ease.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and in another bowl add the breadcrumbs.
- Now shape the oatmeal meatballs, roll them in egg and then in breadcrumbs. Prepare all the balls and set aside.
- Take a deep frying pan on medium-high heat and add oil to fry the balls, once the oil is hot, lower the heat and slowly add the oatmeal meatballs, be so careful the oil can splash on your hand.
- When the balls are brown from one side, turn them and cook from the other side. Do not overuse the spoon or fork to move or turn the balls as they can break.
Once down dish Oatmeal meatballs out and enjoy with any sauce or ketchup.
- If you do not like cornstarch, in oatmeal meatballs recipe add more oatmeals
- If you do not like frying then bake the oatmeal meatballs in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.